Inbound Mobility Welcome Guide

Welcome guide

Welcome to the International Mobility Program at Brock University!

We are very excited to have you join Brock University, and we also understand that going to a new country to study can have some challenges. This guide is designed to answer any and all questions that you may have while preparing for, and in adjusting to life at Brock University, St. Catharines, and Canada. Therefore, check out each topic below to learn more!

To get to know Canada and Ontario, feel free to view the extensive workbook and fact sheets by International student connect here!

Planning Ahead

The first document that might be needed is a study permit, please see whether you will need one using the guide below. 

4-month exchange/study abroad student (1 semester) 

  • a study permit is not required for stays of less than 6 months; 
  • Why get a study permit if you do not need one? There are 2 reasons you may want to get a study permit even if you don’t need one: 
  • 1. If you already have a study permit and your study situation changes, you can continue studying in Canada while your permit is valid. If you apply to extend your permit before it expires, you have maintained your status and can continue studying while you wait for your new study permit. 
  • 2. If you have a study permit and you’re registered as a full-time student at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), you may be able to work on-campus or off-campus. If so, your study permit will include a condition that says you’re allowed to work while studying. If you don’t have a study permit, you can’t work while you’re studying in Canada. 

8-month exchange/study abroad student (2 semesters/full year) 

  • A study permit is required, and it’s recommended to apply for one as soon as possible. Processing Times for study permits are listed on the IRCC website. Sometimes this can take several months so it is important to apply early. 
    • How to apply for an initial Study Permit?  Visit our website to learn how. 

Another document is an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) for you to enter Canada. If you have applied for a study permit from outside of Canada, once it’s approved, an eTA or a visitor visa will be sent to you. If you are eligible to study in Canada without a study permit, you need to apply for a visa or eTA to travel to Canada. 

Please see whether you will need to apply for a study permit/eTA/visitor visa using the IRCC website below: 

We’re excited to welcome you to the Brock community! Register for our Smart Start program to meet other Badgers, learn about your Brock experience and get answers to all of your important questions.

Can’t join us in-person? Register for Smart Start online to get access to all of our services and information throughout the summer!

Brock uses MS Teams. We have created a group for incoming students in the 2023-2024 academic year. You will see updates from us, a calendar with important dates, and be able to connect with other incoming exchange and study abroad students.

Click here to join

Brock timetable

Use the Brock timetable to plan your class schedule. The timetable shows you which courses are offered in each academic year.


Remember to plan your schedule for both terms, or for single term exchange and study abroad students, for the correct term you are at Brock. Some courses will span both terms, and others will be offered in either the Fall or Winter terms.

  • D1 courses: Fall/Winter (September – April)
  • D2 courses: Fall only (September – December)
  • D3 courses: Winter only (January – April)

Remember! Many lectures are accompanied by a seminar, lab or tutorial, so be sure to include all components in your schedule.


Registration for Fall and Winter is currently open. You should aim to finalize your schedule within July, to ensure that you have access to the courses you need.

Click here for the registration guide 

Students can add a photo online and pickup their student card when they arrive on campus. Once the photo is submitted online, a prompt will encourage users to book a time to visit the Brock Card Office, which is located at the Sean O’Sullivan Theatre Box Office in Thistle Complex (TH 221A), across the hall from the stairs leading down to Market Hall.

To request a Brock Card, begin by uploading a photo:

  • Go to
  • Enter login credentials: Campus ID and password.
  • Submit a photo by following the instructions outlined upon login.
  • Book a time to pick up the card.

More detailed instructions, including how to take an acceptable photo, can be found online.

Planning your trip

In Canada and throughout North America, the standard voltage is 120 V (with a standard frequency of 60 Hz) rather than the 220 volts used in Europe. However, don’t be surprised if you hear or read 110 V. It is an old designation and it is still used by the general public.

European plugs are not compatible with Canadian electrical sockets. In order to plug in your electric appliances, you will need a plug adapter or a converter. Otherwise, you will not be able to use your electronics in Canada.

Canadian electrical sockets are Type B


1- Adapter

In general, an adapter is all you need for non-motorized appliances. Examples include camera chargers, phone chargers, laptops, etc.

2- Converter

A converter is necessary if you intend to use appliances with a motor, such as a hairdryer or an electric razor.

Note that a converter can also be used as an adapter; there is no need to buy both. A converter is more expensive than an adapter.

Type B plug

Brock does not currently provide transportation from the airport. However, we can recommend some great options to book in advance so that you can have a smooth transition from the airport to your destination. Below are the airport transport companies we would recommend:

Move-in Day is scheduled for September 3, 4 or 5, 2022. Residence students will be assigned a specific move in time slot over the Labour Day weekend. Residence will provide a Residence Handbook that provides detail about what you should and should not bring with you.

The rooms have furniture, such as a bed, desk, dresser, wardrobe. However, the rooms do not include bed linens, pillows, toiletries, clothes hangers, kitchen items (utensils, plates) etc.

You will need to bring your own linens and pillows for a single/twin-sized bed. As space may be limited in your suitcase, you can order bedding ahead of time to have ready in your room when you arrive. Once you have your residence room assignment, you can order bedding directly through Residence Linens. When ordering, ensure you select Brock University as your school and give your correct building and room number you are staying in.

Alternatively, there are many stores nearby that you can get to via transit or taxi on the day of your arrival to purchase any items you could not bring with you on the plane.

You can also order items online to your residence room by using the following format for your purchases. Note: you can only order items for when you have already arrived, not ahead of time. 

What is my mailing address while living in residence?

How to write your address:

Student Name
Unit or Room # and Letter
Residence Building Name
Brock University
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON
L2S 3A1

Village Example:

Jane Doe
Unit 214, Room D
Village Residence
Brock University
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. catharines, ON
L2S 3A1

Semi-Sute/Traditional Example:

John Smith
Room 232-C
DeCew Residence
Brock University
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON
L2S 3A1

Please ensure before packing your bags or ordering anything, that you have read and understand the items that are and are not allowed in residence. Learn more here.

Residence has more information about living in residence on their website.

Dressing for the Seasons

It’s not always cold in Canada. St. Catharines is actually more mild than many other parts of the country.

Note that temperatures are in celsius. 

  • September has summer weather many days, with the evenings starting to get cool again. Temperatures are on average in the low 20’s.
  • By the end of September, Fall begins and temperatures start to drop. October sees temperatures around 10 degrees.
  • Winter begins around the middle of November with the first snowfall, and lasts until the end of March. Temperatures are around 0 degrees, sometimes going as low as minus 10-20.
  • By April, the temperatures are becoming pleasant, with temperatures around 10 degrees. April is the rainiest time of the year.

Everyday Living

Residence Students

Move-in Day is scheduled for September 2nd or 3rd, 2023. Residence students will be assigned a specific move-in time slot over the Labour Day weekend. Students living on campus in residence will know their room and building assignments near the end of July. You can learn more about residence here.

Residence has more information about living in residence on their website.

Off Campus Living

You can find information about Off-Campus living, room rentals, and more here.

Other Accommodations

There are other types of accommodations in St. Catharines and the area with varying rates. For specific information, please contact your place of interest.

Four Points by Sheraton (Hotel)
3530 Schmon Pky.

Heart of Niagara Hotels


St. Catharines is home to many large chain grocery stores include Costco, FreshCo, Food Basics, Sobeys, Superstore, Metro, Wal-Mart, and Zehrs. All of them carry a variety of products from around the world and Canada! For a complete list and map, click here.

There are also several ethnic grocery stores including:

  • Alnoor
  • Dinh Dinh Asian Foods
  • El Milagro Latin Food
  • Meg Africana
  • Tony’s Fish Market
  • Oriental FoodMart


Downtown St. Catharines is a great spot to find virtually anything that you need. Here you’ll find boutiques, antique stores, unique shops, book stores, shoes, leathers, jewellery, bistros, restaurants, outdoor cafes and a farmer’s market (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only).
Click here for more information.


The Pen Centre is Niagara’s largest shopping destination, featuring 180 stores and services and 1,000,000 square feet of shopping. The Pen Centre is home to the most popular national stores and brands like American Eagle, the Bay H&M, HomeSense, Old Navy, Sport Chek, and Winners. Dine in a full service restaurant or enjoy a movie on one of Landmark Cinemas modern screens with stadium seating.
Click here for the Pen Centre website.
221 Glendale Ave., St. Catharines, Ontario.


Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOTL) was the first capital of Upper Canada and the frontier in the War of 1812. There are hundreds of local stores in this National Historic District. If you would like after shopping, you could take a walk along the Niagara River, the Canada-USA border.
For a list of stores in NOTL, click here.


Niagara Falls is the ‘must visit’ place for anyone who comes to Brock. Besides the falls and casinos, you can also buy some souvenirs which will remind you of your Niagara memories in the future. For more information about stores in downtown Niagara Falls, click here.


This is the place that attracts shopaholics from other cities in Ontario or even from the United States of America. This is the place where you can find good deals on your favourite brands all year round.
To check out the brands in Canada One, click here.


If you cannot find what you need in this region, you can always drive a little further along the QEW. Toronto is only one and a half hours drive from St. Catharines. Due to the great diversity of ethnic groups residing in Toronto and adjacent cities, the Greater Toronto Area is your ultimate shopping destination for everything from jewellery, to fashion apparels to international foods. For the shopping locations, click here.

Brock hosts social activities for students each year. You are welcome to join our events and trips throughout the year. These are great networking opportunities for students! Weekly emails are sent out with upcoming events. For a full list of events, visit Experience BU for on-campus activities or the St. Catharines Downtown Association for events in the community.

mobile phone plans

Students visiting for a single term or 2 terms, can inquire about pre-paid phone plan.

Getting Around

St. Catharines bus schedule

Brock University International Services

For a map of the Niagara Region, click here.

For an interactive map of Brock University, click here.


The St. Catharines Transit Commission (SCT) operates most of their routes through Downtown St. Catharines, with routes meeting at the Downtown Bus Terminal. Additional main transfer points also exit at the Pen Centre, Fairview Mall and Brock University.

Bus passes are included in Brock student fees. Your bus pass is on your student card.

The majority of the routes operate weekdays using one numbering scheme while weekday evenings and weekends operate with a separate numbering scheme.

Though it may be confusing at a first glance, most of the routes interconnect, meaning that they continue to other routes once reaching their terminus. This occurs at the bus terminal in Downtown St. Catharines, and at both northern and southern terminals.

For more information, schedules and bus routes, visit


The downtown bus terminal serves outbound bus services to Toronto, Niagara Falls, other cities in the surrounding area, and most other major Canadian cities. The downtown bus terminal supports both Greyhound and Coach Canada, both of which have varying times leaving St. Catharines. It also runs Megabus services, which occasionally run cheap deals out of Niagara Falls and Toronto.


Niagara Regional Transit:
Go Transit:
Coach Canada:

In Canada, you have the option to lease, rent or buy a car. Each of these options requires research and in some cases a lot of effort and money if you wish to drive. Depending on how long you will stay in Canada, be sure that getting a license is your best option.


Leasing a car is an option for many people. It involves paying for the use of the car rather than the car itself. The lease is usually a few years long, meaning that if you need to get out of the lease, you would have to pay a penalty and sometimes what is left on the lease (depends from lease to lease). Also, a lease might have predetermined mileage limits. If you drive more than the set limit, you might have to pay extra charges.


If you are staying in Canada for a short period of time, renting a car for you when you need one might be the best option. You will likely need an International Driver’s License before your departure. There are many car rental businesses you can research, including:

Enterprise, St. Catharines

Discount, St. Catharines

Avis, Niagara Falls

Budget, St. Catharines

Hertz, St. Catharines


When buying a car in Canada you can pay the amount they ask for, or get financing depending on your credit history. You may be eligible for a car loan from a bank, borrowing the amount of money needed to buy the car and paying back to the bank in a predetermined amount of time, with an interest rate.


Ontario requires by law that everyone who wants to drive a car buy minimum car insurance. Fines for people driving without auto-insurance range from $5,000 to $50,000, having the car impounded, and their driver’s license suspended. Insurance quotes vary depending on driving experience, driving record and the make and model of the car being driven. Expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500 per year.


Most foreign driver’s licenses are valid for only 60 days after admission to Canada. If your license is not reciprocal to the Ontario driver’s license, you would have to pass a vision test and take both a written test and a driving test.

Reciprocal exchange between agreements exist between Ontario and other Canadian provinces, Canadian Forces Europe, U.S.A, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, Great Britain, Austria, Belgium, Australia and Isle of Man. Learn more about Driving in Ontario here.

Beyond public transit, there are options for taxi services, as well as ride share programs, like Uber.

St. Catharines Taxi



Exchange Students

If you are coming as an exchange student through a Student Exchange Agreement, you do not have to pay tuition to Brock. However, there are some fees that are supplementary and must be paid to Brock before the due date (first day of classes). Below are the mandatory fees for all exchange students:

  • Student Bus Pass: $315.25 CAD
  • Health Insurance Coverage (UHIP): $252 CAD per semester

Study Abroad Students

If you are coming as a study abroad student, you do also have to pay the two mandatory fees that exchange students pay, but in addition, you do have to pay tuition and regular ancillary fees to Brock as well. Tuition and ancillary fees are calculated based on how many credits (courses) you are registered in. For information about fees as a study abroad student, please check this website.

How to make payments to Brock

There are several different payments that you can use to pay Brock fees, please see this website for more information.

*Note: If you are staying on residence during your time at Brock, you will also have to pay for residence fee and meal plan. Payment is made the same way as the other fees and must be paid by the first day of each semester.

You do not have to use cash every day for your purchases. Most of the businesses in Canada accept debit cards or credit cards; therefore, opening a bank account in Canada is recommended.

Scotiabank has a branch at Brock and also has ATMs on campus. The other four major banks in Canada are RBC, CIBC, BMO, and TD Canada Trust.

Each bank has different banking options, please visit their websites and chose the accounts which best meet your needs:

In Canada, the federal government, provincial government, and municipal government collect money from individuals living in Canada in order to subsidize roads, schools, and health care among other things.

People that may be considered Canadian residents (this is different from immigration residence) for tax purposes are:

  • Canadian citizens and permanent residents;
  • Refugees (protected persons);
  • People who have received approval in principle from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to stay in Canada;
  • Temporary residents, such as foreign students and foreign workers.

Taxes that are paid in Ontario are Income Tax and Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). Income Taxes are paid by individuals, who are considered residents for tax purposes.
For more information, click here.

HST is an amount, usually 13 per cent, that is added to the price tag of different products. There are some exemptions on basic food products, child care services, and prescription drugs.

For more information, click here.

Each year you have to file an Income Tax and Benefit Return to tell the government how much money you earned and how much tax you paid. Taxes are usually deducted from your income, or levied when products and services are consumed. Depending on the amount paid, you might be eligible for a refund or you might owe taxes.

In order to file your taxes, you must apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) by going to the Service Canada website and obtaining the necessary forms. A SIN is a nine-digit number that you must have to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits.
For more information, click here.

As a non-resident of Canada, you might be eligible to apply for a Tax Waiver. This is called the Regulation 105 Waiver Application which may permit a reduced amount of tax to be withheld on any income you receive in Canada.
To find out if you are eligible, click here.

To obtain the form, click here.

Health and Wellness

Two Niagara residents bicycling down the Niagara parkway

Canada’s Health Care System is a publicly funded system that provides Canadians with health care services. These services are provided once the patient shows their Health Card. Each province has its own health system and card.

When you come to study or work at a university in Ontario, you must have health insurance to pay for basic health care services and medical treatments.

UHIP is mandatory for all visiting students. Private insurance is not qualified for UHIP exemption.

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is modelled after the health insurance provided by the Ontario government.

Primary – UHIP: Covers eligible medically necessary health services and medical treatments. UHIP enrolment is automatic for visiting students and payable for the term you are at Brock.

There are two different types of supplementary health plans for Brock students in Undergraduate or Graduate programs:

BUSU/GSA Health & Dental (Student VIP plans): Has drug coverage, extended health coverage, vision coverage, dental coverage, etc.

Undergraduate plan

Graduate plan

These plans offer different types of coverage but they work together to provide full and comprehensive coverage for students. Students have the option to opt-in to the student VIP health and dental plans. To opt-in, please email after 5th of September, explain that you are an exchange student looking to opt-in. Application and payment requirements will then be sent to you for you.

Brock University students have access to services provided by the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre (SWAC) as part of their ancillary fees paid annually.

Brock University takes health and wellness very seriously. Brock University is ranked #1 in Canada for mental health supports for students (Macleans, 2021). At Brock we have implemented many different services and programs to meet the increasing mental health needs of our constantly changing student population.

For medical emergencies, students should call 9-1-1 in their own area.

Personal Counselling Services

For personal counselling call 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or 001 416 382 3257 if outside of North America.

Urgent/ Crisis

Students can receive urgent/crisis 24/7 telephone counselling by calling 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or students who are outside of North America can call 001 416 382 3257 for 365/24/7 telephone support.

Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere.

Download the My SSP App for 24/7 text chat or telephone support: App Store or Google Play . Search Brock University Student Counselling Program when creating your profile to access Brock’s branded My SSP app.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding Personal Counselling, please email or visit our live chat 

Learn more about Personal Counselling Services

Student Health Services

Student Health Services can be accessed Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., via telephone appointment. Call 905-688-5550 ext. 3243.

For questions or to make an appointment including same day with a Mental Health Nurse , call Call 905-688-5550 ext. 3243 during business hours and a live agent will assist you.

NO shows for physician phone appointments will be charged $30 fee.

COVID-19 Student Vaccine Clinics:

Covid 19 Vaccines are now available at the Campus Pharmacy building via Drugsmart. CALL 905 688 8800 to book an appointment. Both Moderna and Pfizer is available

Learn more about Student Health Services

Student Accessibility Services

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) supports and fosters independence in students with accessibility needs; advocates for accessibility for students; and provides resources and education opportunities for staff and faculty to ensure a welcoming environment in compliance with Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) guidelines and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).

Student Accessibility Services staff has extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge to help students develop the skills and strategies they need to reach their full potential at Brock.

SAS works with students to identify and address any disability-related concerns and to provide information on where to access appropriate supports and specialized technologies.

Learn more at the Student Accessibility Services website 

The Wellness Hub

The Student Health and Wellness HUB is a space where students can drop in to chat with a Peer Health Educator about ways to improve their overall health and wellness. The Wellness Hub is located at Th134 down the Student Success hallway next to the Market Hall.

The Student Health and Wellness HUB is a space for students to retrieve information on various student health related topics such as substance use, nutrition, sleep, sexual health, mental health and wellness. We have a team of trained Peer Health Educators (PHE) who also provide peer-to-peer support for the Brock community.

The Wellness HUB also hosts various events such as free STI testing, naloxone training, mindfulness mediations, puppy room and mini massages.

Learn more about the Wellness Hub

Campus Resources

The Department of Recreation Services operates the facilities in the Walker Complex, including three gymnasiums, the recreational 200-metre track, squash courts, the Zone fitness centre, the Eleanor Misener Aquatic Centre (50-metre pool) and the Leo LeBlanc Rowing Centre. Outside are four tennis courts and several playing fields. Recreation Services offers programs in aquatics, intramurals, fitness, dance and much more.

Memberships to the various facilities are available to Brock students, staff, faculty and community members.

Instructional programs offered to Brock students, staff, faculty and the community include aquatics, fitness, dance, coaching, wellness, first aid, Pilates, children’s gym programs and much more.

Intramural sport programs for Brock University students include more than 60 leagues and involve more than 6,100 participants.

For hours and membership information click here.

Brock University Campus Security Services is comprised of peace officers and contracted security guards that work in close partnership with the Niagara Regional Police Service.

If you have any safety concerns on campus, or even need a ride back to your residence from a late night class, you can contact Campus Security.

By phone dial: 905-688-5550  x3200

If using a campus telephone use  x3200.

Campus Security Services is located at the Kenmore Centre, on the west end of campus.

You can learn more by visiting Campus Security Services Website.

Brock has several different places to eat located right on campus. However, some of these establishments may not be open at all times. Please check the website for locations and available hours.

Personal Counselling

Personal Counselling provides students with counselling services for those experiencing emotional, social and mental health difficulties.

Student Ombuds Office

This is a neutral party who advocates for fair policies, procedures, practices and decision-making on campus.  They are a safe space to voice concerns and gather information on available options as they are not required to notify University administrators, being an informal channel of resolution.

BUSU Student Legal Clinic

BUSU has partnered with Toronto-based lawyer Alex Valova, of the Archer Law Professional Corporation, to bring free legal information to campus.

Brock’s Human Right’s and Equity office is resource for all Brock community members to provide information, education, assistance, and advice on issues related to human rights, harassment, discrimination and bullying.

This includes harassment and discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, ancestry, creed, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, receipt of public assistance (in housing), record of offences (in employment) and disability, as well as personal or workplace harassment and bullying.

Human Rights and Equity works with many other departments and services on campus to prevent harassment and discrimination from occurring and to quickly address incidents as they arise. We assist community members with issues of harassment and discrimination and help guide them to understand the range of options available to resolve the situation.

Learn more here


Brightspace is Brock’s primary Learning Management System (LMS). Most if not all of your courses use them. Besides the difference in user interface, their purpose and functions are very similar. Professors and instructors can share information about the course, and it is also a place where assignments, quizzes and most course related resources are uploaded.

As a Brock student, you have full access to Brock’s library, located in Schmon Tower.

The University Library system comprises the James A. Gibson Library, housed on eight floors on the Schmon Tower, and the Map Library located in Mackenzie Chown C306.

The Library’s collections contain over 1.5 million physical items and a vast variety of digital resources that are available both on and off-campus. These include an extensive number of databases, over 20,000 full text electronic journals, a growing number of e-books, and several image and sound databases. Study spaces, including individual carrels and tables for group work are available for more than 775 users.

Computers are located on all library floors and laptops are available for loan from the Circulation desk. The Library is open for 90 hours each week including evenings and weekends, with extended hours during exam periods. To view library hours, click here.


Located in the Rankin Family Pavilion, the Library Makerspace is a place for students, faculty, and community members to collaborate, learn, create, and explore.  Walk-ins welcome!

The Makerspace is equipped with a variety of labs and stations for specific types of making. Learn more below or take our virtual tour to get an inside peek.  Drop-in or reserve time before you visit.


  • Multimedia lab
  • Audio lab
  • Prototyping lab
  • Computing stations
  • Workbench stations
  • VR station
  • Software
  • Additional workbench tools


A new Learning Commons opened in 2008 on the main floor of the Library and provides an array of learning support services. The Matheson Learning Commons features advanced technology, integrated service points, and a variety of study spaces. The Learning Commons is designed to enhance the scholarly, creative, and professional pursuits of the Brock Community. This welcoming environment offers unique opportunities for students to collaborate with their peers, exchange ideas, and find support for their academic activities.


  • Group study rooms that can be reserved for use by student groups and a variety of public study areas.
  • Easy access to services and assistance.
  • Combined circulation/reserves desk – sign out laptops and library materials in one place.
  • Help desk for the library research support.
  • Computer lab and silent study designated times/spaces with public computers (PCs and Macs).
  • Laptops, phone chargers, marker pens, monitors, video cameras, head phones, and other equipment to sign out.

We know that it can be overwhelming to study in another country, especially if there are differences in academic expectations! Therefore, our main goal is to provide international students with the academic tools they need to be successful in Canada and at Brock!

Academic Support is available through both our International office. We offer drop-in services, workshops, and one on one appointments.

Learn more 

AZ Learning Services also offers academic support to all students across Brock University

Learn more

Student Engagement

Brock University has many orientation and welcome event activities in the first week of classes. Visit the Welcome Week Website to see the schedule. You can also look at what activities BUSU has planned for BadgerFest. Together, both events make up Orientation Week!

Learning Services

We support the academic success of all Brock students. Services include academic and life skills workshops, drop-in help from upper-year students, and a variety of academic resources. We also offer course-specific tutoring on a pay-per-hour basis.

Student Life

We provide engagement opportunities to enhance the Brock student experience.
We offer programs and services that support campus involvement, leadership development, community engagement, off-campus living and so much more.

Faith and Life

We offer a wide variety of religious, spiritual, and secular supports and provide a safe and inclusive community space for all students, staff, and faculty that call Brock home.

Student Affairs

We support students by leading the Crisis Assessment Response and Education (CARE) team and the Non-Academic Misconduct process.

Learn More

The Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU) is the students’ union representing the over 19,000 undergraduate students of Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.

BUSU operates many student services that have the goal to improve the quality of students on campus experience at Brock.

BUSU runs many events during Welcome Week, such as the big ticket concert.

BUSU also has 100+ student clubs which students can join to meet others with similiar interests. To learn more visit the BUSU Clubs website.

You can also view the BUSU Clubs Calendar for events that may be of interest to you.

Off-Campus Living is here to help. From finding accommodation, to making sure you’re equipped with the tools to understand tenancy laws and stay involved on campus.

Come and talk to use in the Student Life Involvement Commons in MCA 204 or visit for lots of great information – from fire safety tips to helping you student involved in campus life while living off-campus.

Learn more about resources available to students off campus.

Discover unique opportunities at ExperienceBU! Find and attend events, browse and join organizations, and showcase your involvement.

Our team will coordinate some meet ups at existing campus events. This is a great way to meet other students, and get a feel for campus life at Brock.

Event: Badger fest Community Fair (BUSU) 

Meeting Place: Isaac’s
Event Location: Weather Station Field
Date: Sept 5th, 2023, 10am – 4
Meeting time: 10:00am
Event Time: 10:00am-4:00pm 

Event: PJ Movie Night
Meeting Place: Isaac’s
Event Location: Isaac’s
Date: Sept 6th, 2023
Meeting time:  7:30pm
Event Time:  8:00pm

Event: Badgerfest Inflatables Course 

Meeting Place: Isaac’s
Event Location: Weather Station Field
Date: Sept 6th, 2023
Meeting time: 11:30am
Event Time: 12:00pm 

Event: Badgers Soccer Game
Meeting Place: at the field
Event Location: Varsity Field 
Date: Friday, Sept 8th 
Meeting time: 5:30pm
Event Time: 6:00pm 

Event: Blue Jays Game (BUSU)
Meeting Place: Isaac’s
Event Location: Bus leaves from Zone 2 – Evant at Rogers Center, Toronto
Date: Sept 14th, 2023
Meeting time: 3:00pm
Event Time: 4:00pm
Staff: Steph 

Niagara Grape and Wine Festival (Student Life)
Meeting Place: TBC
Event Location: Montebello Park
Date: Sept 23rd 

Still have Questions?

Please do not hesitate to contact us at