Plan your move

Congratulations! You’ve accepted your offer and now it’s time to plan your move to Brock.

Below, you will find important information to help you prepare for your arrival. Should you have any questions about your transition, or any inquiries about the information provided, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.

Register now for our Live Chat Sessions!


Students are responsible for making all tuition and related fee payments by their payment due date. Visit Making a Payment for step-by-step instructions on how to make your payment to Brock University.

It is very important that you, as a new student, attend the International Student Orientation to help you transition smoothly into Brock University. It is a great way to meet new people and maximize your Brock experience!

Course Registration

Brock has many resources to help guide you through the course registration process.

Brock University offers academic advising for all students. To connect with your program’s academic advisor, follow the link below.


Most students travelling internationally by plane will arrive at the Toronto Person International Airport (YYZ). View the Toronto Pearson arrival guide.

Other International airports close by include:

When you enter Canada, you will meet a Canadian Border Services Officer. You may have to show them:

  • a valid passport or travel document;
  • the letter of introduction the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit;
  • a copy of a valid letter of acceptance from Brock;
  • proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada;
  • letters of reference or any other documents the visa office told you to bring and
  • either a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visitor visa (temporary resident visa)

If you meet the requirements to enter into Canada, you will be issued a study permit as well as a co-op work permit (if you are in a co-op program and applied for it). View the arrival guide.

Reminder: when you get your study permit (and co-op work permit if applicable), please review it carefully – check your personal information and the conditions/remarks. There should be conditions that indicate you may/may not accept employment on or off campus. If there is not or you have questions about the conditions, make sure you ask why. View work authorization on a study permit.

International students can register for airport shuttle pickup with Niagara Airbus. Use the code 463 to receive a special discount. To register, please click here.

If you’re starting your first year at Brock and have questions about where to start your experience, then visit Brock International Services for friendly advice in the International Centre starting January 6.

Our daily drop-in sessions are designed for incoming students to ask questions about course registration, accommodation, requesting a campus tours or anything you need to help prepare for the school year ahead.

Weekdays from January 6 to 17
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. EDT
International Centre, 2nd Floor (GLB-207)


Visit Accommodations in Niagara for information about residence, off-campus living and homestay options.

Visit Living in Niagara for more information about the Niagara Region.

When you come to study or work at a university in Ontario, you must have health insurance to pay for basic health care services and medical treatments. Brock University’s University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is mandatory for all eligible international students. Learn more about UHIP here.

If you are arriving to Niagara prior to your residence move-in date, you may want to consider the following options for short-term accommodations:

If you intend to drive in Canada, you should obtain an international driver’s licence in your country before coming to Canada. It will be valid for 90 days. After that, you will have to apply for an Ontario driver’s licence. Learn more about getting an Ontario driver’s licence here.

If you plan on bringing electrical appliances, keep in mind that electricity in Canada is 110-120 volts, 60Hz.

Don't forget to register for Orientation!