This 3-week program focuses on intercultural communicative competence to promote the development of a medical practitioner’s whole personality and sense of identity in response to the enriching experience of otherness in language and culture.
- Develop attitudes, curiosity, and openness about other medical cultures and beliefs about one’s own
- Knowledge of social groups related to the medical field and their societal and individual interaction
- Can interpret and document a medical event from another culture, explain it and relate it to similar documents from one’s own culture
- The ability to acquire new knowledge of cultural practices and the ability to apply that knowledge in real-time interactions.
- The ability to evaluate critically medical documents, procedures, and norms against other and one’s own cultural values.
- To develop a medical practitioner who is a language user, not a language learner.
For more information on this program, and it’s availability, please contact email@example.com