External funding opportunities

There are many external funding agencies that can assist you with your studies abroad.  Some opportunities that you may be eligible for include:

Build an international professional career and undertake your post-graduate study/research in Australia.

Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide financial support for high-achieving North American  PhD students to undertake a post-graduate qualification by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.


Applicants must have applied for and gained admission to a master’s or PhD course in Australia. Conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application. The Australian academic year starts in February/March and the majority of Australian post-graduate courses do not require entrance exams, such as GRE or GMAT. The Australia Awards are funded by the Australian government.

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) invites undergraduate students of all disciplines to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany. Undergraduate scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year.

The European Union offers Canadian students the opportunity to study in European Union universities through the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program.

One or two awards are offered for study at the graduate level in Korean studies, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, and other subjects.

Three scholarships are available for studies/research at the undergraduate, master’s and PhD level.

Traditional Fulbright Canada student awards are intended for Canadian citizens who are graduate students, prospective graduate students, or promising young professionals who wish to study and/or conduct research in the United States. Awards may be held at any university, research centre, think tank, or government agency in the United States.

The Huayu Enrichment Scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to encourage international students to undertake Huayu courses in Taiwan.