A not-for-profit membership-based network, the Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC) has more than 180 institutional members in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, as well as a select group of institutions from other parts of the world.
CONAHEC provides the following support to its members:
- Finds partners for international initiatives and acts as a liaison among them
- Organizes higher education conferences
- Manages simple and efficient academic exchange and mobility programs
- Collaborates with Compostela Group of Universities in a staff exchange program (STELLA)
- Helps members assess internationalization programs
- Promotes its members and their programs at international conferences and events
- Presents at conferences and events on hot topics in international higher education
- Provides personalized electronic information on funding and collaboration opportunities
- Offers custom designed professional development workshops and seminars
- Promotes access and success in higher education for underrepresented groups
- Provides support for data collection, international research, and conference promotion
- Supports the politically independent Student Organization of North America (SONA)
- Faculty Exchange
- The purpose of this program is to match faculty members from CONAHEC member institutions who will collaborate in the partial design and teaching of a course. Each professor will be expected to travel to the partner institution for a week. In that week the professor will teach a class, meet with other faculty members in order to discuss future potential projects, give an open lecture to the community, etc. Professors are also expected to organize a virtual activity to give their students the opportunity to collaborate.
- Interested faculty members are expected to cover their own expenses.
- Bi-annual call for proposal
- Research networking opportunity for faculty
- CONAHEC Café – powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, The Cafe will allow you to choose your interests and areas of expertise and will automatically match you to others within to the community to meet up for casual coffee chats, in-person or online.
- The STELLA-Staff Mobility Program
- Designed for non-academic staff to participate in intercontinental mobility during one or two weeks. This great intercontinental exchange program provides administrative staff the opportunity to meet with colleagues in other countries who conduct similar work, enhance cross-cultural experiences and share best practices.
Contact at Brock
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com