Do not book any travel arrangements until you have met all of the requirements. Check out our resources below to learn about all the requirements!
Traveling to Canada
Not sure how to get started or what steps to take so that you can travel to Canada?
Check out our suggested steps below.
You will need to bring many different documents with you so that you can enter Canada. Be sure to bring:
- A Port of Entry letter of introduction – Print this document!
- A valid TRV or eTA
- A valid passport
- A letter of acceptance from Brock University
- If applicable, bringing a Brock confirmation of enrollment letter is recommended, to attest your purpose of entering Canada is to study.
- Proof of funds
- A valid immigration medical examination, if required
When possible, it is important that you have a printed copy of all documents to avoid any issues with loading digital copies.
Now that you have gathered all your important documents, it is time to prepare for your travels. Please do the following at least 3 days before you plan to travel:
- Confirm your flight information and airport pickup arrangements
- Pack all your required documents (see Step 1) in an easily accessible location
- Read our Recommended Packing List to assist you as you plan on what to bring with you to Canada!
- Purchase a mask or face covering to wear throughout your travel; this is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended
Before you travel, you may contact Border Information Services for more information. A border services officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada when you arrive.
Resources Upon Arrival
Once you arrive, you might need some additional resources to get started. Please check out some helpful links below:
We understand that adjusting to life in a new country isn’t always easy! Please check out some resources below to help you as you begin to live in Canada:
- Get to Know Canada, Ontario, & Brock
- Life in Canada tab on our Pathway to Success Sakai Site
- NOTE: you must be logged in to Sakai first for the link to work