Do not book any travel arrangements until you have met all of the requirements. Check out our resources below to learn about all the requirements!
- All fully vaccinated travelers are not required to provide a quarantine plan upon entry.
- All fully vaccinated travelers are not required to do pre-entry testing.
Not sure if you are fully vaccinated? Click here to find out!
Traveling to Canada
Not sure how to get started or what steps to take so that you can travel to Canada?
Check out our suggested steps below.
Steps Before your Departure
Determine if you meet the criteria:
- Find out if you can enter Canada as an international student here
- Find out if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler here
You will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada if you do not meet the travel requirements.
For international student guides on traveling and immigration, see below:
Learn about the Canadian Border Requirements
To enter Canada as an international student, you must not only qualify as a vaccinated traveler, but you must also follow certain procedures and have specific documents ready. For a checklist of travel requirements, click here.
As an international student, you must also follow these procedures:
- Undertake an immigration medical examination 2-3 months prior to travelling if you come from a designated country or territory and the previous medical examination is expiring, OR you have visited or lived in one of these countries for more than 6 months during the past year.
- Bring your valid study permit or POE letter of introduction that meets the travel exemption.
- Bring your valid Brock letter of acceptance if you are a new student.
- If applicable, bringing a Brock confirmation of enrollment letter is recommended, to attest your purpose of entering Canada is to study.
- Bring proof that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- Bring COVID-19 vaccination proof.
- To make things easier both at the border and when submitting proof to Brock, it is best to get your Canadian version of COVID-19 proof of vaccination by following the steps below:
Brock Students, staff, and faculty are required to submit proof of their vaccination. You can submit your proof of vaccination here.
NOTE 1: fully vaccinated travelers and those with special circumstances NO LONGER need a quarantine plan upon entry.
NOTE 2: fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water NO LONGER need to take pre-entry COVID-19 tests.
Prepare for your Travels
Now that you know you are eligible and you have learned about border requirements, it is time to prepare for your travels. Please do the following at least 72 hours before you plan to travel:
- Download ArriveCan App and provide the required information before you board your flight. Show your ArriveCAN receipt when seeking entry to Canada.
- Download the COVID Alert App created by the Government of Canada.
- Pack all your required documents (see Step 2) in an easily accessible location.
- Purchase a mask or face covering to wear throughout your travel.
Before you travel, you may contact the Border Information Service for more information. A border services officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada when you arrive.
Resources Upon Arrival
Once you arrive, you might need some additional resources to get started. Please check out some helpful links below:
We understand that adjusting to life in a new country isn’t always easy! Please check out some resources below to help you as you begin to live in Canada:
- Get to Know Canada, Ontario, & Brock
- Life in Canada tab on our Pathway to Success Sakai Site
- NOTE: you must be logged in to Sakai first for the link to work