Uniting Badgers around the world.
As you begin your dream of studying at a Canadian university from the comforts of home, your fellow Badgers want to ensure your success, both in and outside of the classroom.
The Global Peers Program unites international students with current, upper-year students at Brock.
Meet your fellow Badgers virtually to create your Brock community. You will be matched with an upper-year Brock student based on proximity to your geographical location or common interests where a nearby peer is unavailable. Your Global Peer Mentor will be your personal introduction to all things related to campus life at Brock. They’ll connect you with student life, introduce you to services, and assist in building a network of peers on campus.
Volunteer as a Global Peer Mentor
As a Global Peer Mentor, you will act as a guide to all things related to campus life at Brock for international students. This encompasses socializing, engagement opportunities, check ins, introduction to services, and assisting in building a network of peers in their home country and Canada. You will lead a group of students that have signed up to participate in the program. Consider joining this team to develop your transferable skills and in class project fulfillment requirements.
- Interact with international students on a weekly basis
- Use activities and conversation to create an engaging community
- Stay up-to-date with University details to be able to successfully answer questions and provide information to students
- Be the connection between campus services and international students by guiding students through university programming
- Maintain a fun and interesting environment
- Be a current student at Brock University
- Have an interest in supporting international students
- Be an effective communicator
- Experience using Microsoft Teams