The Brock Guide Program connects incoming international students with upper year Brock students in an informal peer-to-peer mentorship program. It’s an opportunity for new students to make friends before arriving on campus and gain an insider perspective into life at Brock and in the wider St. Catharines community.
Conversations begin overseas, but the friendships last upon arrival.
By having a Brock Guide, incoming international students are connected with an additional resource (i.e. an upper year Brock student) who is there to help answer any questions that they may have about their upcoming studies.
Students will connect via email or other social media platforms and can be given insight in the following areas:
- What it’s like living in residence
- How to prepare for classes — materials to buy, things to expect from professors etc.
- Using the local transit
- Where to go in the city
While new students gain valuable knowledge about Brock, mentors have the opportunity to learn about different cultures and gain leadership experience that can be highlighted on a resume.
- Make new friends from around the world
- Share your positive Brock experiences with incoming students
- Gain valuable leadership experience and sharpen your career-related skills
- Track your involvement on Experience BU (extra-curricular transcript)
- Receive a letter of reference
As an upper year student, you are familiar with how the university operates and have already successfully transitioned into life at Brock/St. Catharines. Your experiences are invaluable to the future generation of Badgers!
Meet your guide at our January Orientation Session for all international students:
When: Sunday, January 7, 2018
Where: AS 203
The application is now CLOSED! We look forward to seeing all students in the new year!
In addition, you are invited to listen into our Wednesday Webinar Series on select dates for insider information into how to “Plan your Move!” Register in advance, here!