Hosted by Brock International
You’re invited to participate in Brock University’s spookiest contest of the year: The Halloween Costume Contest! Snap a photo in your Halloween costume and direct message it to @BrockuIntl on Instagram. Your costume will then be judged for both creativity and originality, with the top nine (9) entries put to popular vote starting Monday, November 1 at 4 p.m. The three (3) entries with the most votes will win a total of $150 in gift cards.
To enter, follow these simple steps:
- Follow @BrockuIntl on Instagram
- Snap a photo in your Halloween costume
- Direct message your photo to the @BrockuIntl Instagram account along with your name, program of study and home country.
The three (3) entries with the most votes will have the choice of five (5) gift cards (listed below) awarded in the following increments:
1st place – $75 Gift Card
2nd place – $50 Gift Card
3rd place – $25 Gift Card
Gift cards options include:
- Brock University Campus Store
- Landmark Cinemas
- Outlet Collection at Niagara
- Pen Centre
- Ultimate Dining Card
Official rules & regulations:
- The contest is open to all current faculty, staff and students of Brock University.
- Contest entries must be received between 12 p.m. on October 29 and 8 a.m. on November 1.
- All entrants must follow @BrockuIntl on Instagram.
- There is no limit to the number of entries but repeat entries will be disqualified.
- The top nine (9) costumes will be determined by a select group of judges from Brock University.
- The top nine (9) entries will be put to popular vote between Monday, November 1 at 4 p.m. and Wednesday, November 3 at 12 p.m. on the @BrockuIntl Instagram page.
- The top three (3) finalists will be determined by the total number of comments (votes) for their costume on the contest post.
- The winner will have until November 10, 2020 at 4 p.m. to accept the prize and confirm next steps through direct message on the @BrockuIntl Instagram account. Failure to confirm will result in another winner being selected.
- Costumes reinforcing harmful stereotypes around race, gender, ability, culture and mental health or other illicit content will be disqualified from the contest.
- Students must abide by rules and regulations within the Student Code of Conduct and/or the guidelines included in the Halloween Costume Protocol, as outlined by BUSU.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media platforms used throughout the contest.