Experience the ancient ruins of Greece dating back thousands of years.
Brock University Undergraduate students interested in ancient art and archaeology, or classical languages and civilizations are encouraged to apply for the Schaus Internship Bursary (valued at $2,000 CAD).
The selected student will carry out a three-month internship at the Canadian Institute in Greece (CIG) located in Athens during the 2019-2020 academic year. While there, the student’s main responsibility will be to archive work in the CIG library but the internship also includes free access to archaeological sites and museums, reading rights to Greek and foreign libraries in Athens, and discounted accommodation at the CIG hostel.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2019. For more details, and application instructions please contact Dr. R. Angus K. Smith (Dept. of Classics).
- 25 hours / week
- Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. plus 5-hours of flexibility
- Main responsibility includes archival work in the library of the Canadian Institute in Greece
- Bursary of $2,000 CAD
- Half paid prior to start of the internship, and half paid upon satisfactory completion of one-month of the internship
- Membership with CIG
- Free access to archaeological sites and museums
- Reading rights to Greek and foreign libraries in Athens
- Discounted accommodation ($250/month) at the CIG hostel
- May 31, 2019