The software purchasing, distribution, and licensing service provides software needs for Brock University Faculty, Staff and Labs. ITS is responsible for securing the products and maintaining current agreements over the functional life of the products.
By centralizing the procurement of software through ITS, the University is able to secure lower prices, provide broader product availability, and ensure Service Level Agreements are managed for the
ITS is happy to announce that Microsoft Office 365 (desktop and online) is available for Faculty and Staff at no cost. See our Office 365 page for more details.
- Allows for the most economical purchase of software and provides a procedure for purchasing needed software and hardware.
- Monitors software agreements and maintenance windows, ensuring all software is active and fully supported.
- Monitors the use of existing software to determine if its use still justifies its cost.
- Negotiates software licenses.
- Selects the optimal combination of individual, server and lab copies to meet needs.
- Works with the Campus ;Store to deliver and support software distribution.