Qualtrics is a web-based survey tool used to conduct survey research, evaluations, and other data collection activities. Users with all different types of experience levels, including no experience, can use Qualtrics to conduct their research needs from any location, at any time. Qualtrics is used to build surveys, send surveys, and analyze responses.
Qualtrics is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance and unplanned outages.
Gaining access to Qualtrics can be done by submitting a Security Access Request Form (SARF). If you are a student, you do not have access to complete a SARF and will have to ask your department administrators to complete one for you. Faculty and staff have access to complete a SARF and can follow the steps below.
After you have been given an account and reset your password follow the steps under Returning Users to access your Qualtrics account.
1. Go to https://my.brocku.ca and log in using your Brock ID.
2. On the left side of the page, click Brock DB – Menu.
3. Under the Navigation Menu, click Department Forms then SecAccessForm.
4. Select Employee as the Type of Access and Additional Access Request as the Reason for Request.
5. Click Go.
6. A new field will appear, enter your Brock ID and click Go.
7. Beside Select Department for this Request your department should auto populate. If it is incorrect or you wish to choose a different department, select your department from the list and click Update.
8. At the bottom of the page in the Comments box enter your name, Brock email, and Qualtrics request.
9. Click Submit.
Once your SARF is approved, an account will be created using your Brock ID and a password reset email will be sent to you. Follow the Reset Password steps in the FAQs at the bottom of this page to change your password.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for all frequently asked questions about this service.
Brock ITS offers troubleshooting and support for access to accounts only. We recommend trying a different internet browser if you are experiencing issues with Qualtrics.
For all other Qualtrics support, click here.
You may also contact Qualtrics directly for support:
- Visit https://www.qualtrics.com/support-center/?Q_Language=EN
- If asked to login, select Login with SSO and enter Brock
- Click the I have a different support request button
- Select Survey Platform from the list
- Then select your preferred contact method (email, chat, phone)
If you would prefer to call instead, please use one of the following support numbers:
At this time, there is no limitation on how long your survey can be active.
Yes, you can share surveys with any Qualtrics account and control the shared permissions from the projects page by clicking Share Project.
Yes, the default set up by Qualtrics is to send an email whenever a survey response is submitted. There are also advanced features that can be set, these including sending an email when specific criteria is met on a survey response.
To set up emails, go to the survey name under My Projects. Click Tools, Triggers, then Email Triggers.
Yes, you will have to ensure to include a required question asking participants their email address. You can then create a trigger that sends an email with their responses.
Select the survey name under My Projects. Click Tools, then Email Triggers. In the message box, click the option to insert piped text. Select the question you made regarding participant’s email addresses. This will create a code that will pull out the email address from each survey, copy and paste the code into the To Email Address field. Specify your reply to address, subject and message. Check the box Include Response Report. This will now create an automatic response when the survey is submitted by participants.
- Find the password reset email sent from Qualtrics. Ensure to check your Junk Mail if you cannot find the email.
- Copy and paste the link sent in the email into your web browser. The link is repeated multiple times in the email but you only need to copy it once. The link looks like this:
Note: check the link when pasting that it does not contain any extra spaces or preceding text.
- When at the password reset page, enter your Brock email (i.e. campusID@brocku.ca) for the username.
- Enter your new desired password. You must enter your new password twice to ensure the passwords match and no typing errors occurred.
- Once your password is reset, log in to Qualtrics.