Students living in residence can connect their gaming consoles and IoT devices to the Brock University wireless network by following these instructions. The MAC address of the device is required to complete the process.
If you are unable to successfully register your device through the self-service page, you may fill out the ResIoT Form for assistance.
Brock University offers local telephone service in all on-campus residence lounges.
Gaming Consoles and Internet of Things
Students are welcome to bring gaming consoles and smart devices with them to help make their stay at Brock feel like home.
While we attempt to support a wide variety of gaming consoles and connected devices, not all smart devices are supported. If you follow the steps and are unable to connect please contact us on this form for assistance.
To connect, register your device’s MAC address by following these simple steps. Once the device’s MAC address has been registered, it can be connected to ResIoT.
Please note ResIoT should only be used for devices that are unable to connect directly to the BrockWiFi. Laptops, tablets and other mobile devices should be connected to BrockWiFi using your CampusID and password whenever possible.
Guides for finding the MAC address and connecting certain products are linked below. If you are unable to find your MAC address please contact our Help Desk during open hours for assistance.
I was unable to find my MAC address.
- Please contact the Help Desk for assistance during open hours.
I followed the directions and registered my MAC address, but was not able to connect.
- It may take a few minutes for your MAC address to register. Try connecting to ResIoT again after restarting the system.
- If your device required manual input of the SSID check that it matches exactly. The SSID ResIoT is case sensitive.
- If you are still unable to connect, please contact us via this form.
ITS expects all students and guests in residence to respect the Brock University Administration and Academic Policies.
Abuse of ITS provided services in residences will not be tolerated, including:
- Harassment and/or sexual harassment via phone or e-mail.
- Attempting to by-pass long distance restrictions or toll fraud.
Failure to comply will result in services being disconnected. Re-instatement of services will be at the student’s expense.