Students can book a computer workstation in the Computer Commons (Fishbowl) once a day for up to two hours. There are 30 Windows based computers available. Printing will also be available as well as an accessible workstation.
Computer Commons hours are (by appointment only): 7:30am – 6:00pm (Monday to Friday), and 11:00am – 5:00pm (Saturday & Sunday).
Students are reminded that all software available in the Computer Commons is available in the virtual labs.
- Upon entering the Fishbowl, display your booking confirmation to staff at the Help Desk and proceed to your assigned spot following the floor markings.
- Supplies are available to wipe down your spaces before and after use.
- All study spaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized twice daily.
- Printing accounts must be loaded online before coming to the Fishbowl if you wish to print. Physical print vouchers are not available to be purchased at this time.
- Advanced booking is required. Students may book 1 time slot of up to 2 hours per day, up to two weeks in advance.
- This service is exclusively available to Brock University students.
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required at all times as per Brock’s campus-wide policy.
- Sanitizing wipes are available for students to wipe down the computer and workstation before using.
- Please use the floor markings in order to maintain 2 meters (6 feet) distance from fellow students and staff when coming and going.
- No food is permitted. Covered drinks are allowed.
- Before arriving on campus, you must complete the Self-Screen Survey.
- All study spaces are for individual use. No group study is allowed – no exceptions for close friends or relatives.