Associate Professor, Philosophy
Ph.D. University of Memphis
Area of specialization:
Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Continental Philosophy, Social and Political Philosophy, Feminism
Area of competence:
Asian Philosophy, Ancient Philosophy, Ethical Theory, Critical Theory, Aesthetics
- “Holbein and the Work of Art in Kristeva’s Political Thought” in The Southern Journal of Philosophy, Annual Supplement. September 2005.
- “Various Aspects of Memory in Bergson,” translation of Jean Hyppolite’s “Aspects Divers de la Mémoire chez Bergson,” in Leonard Lawlor’s The Challenge of Bergsonism. London: Continuum, 2003.
- “Abjection, Film, Politics: Race, Gender, Class and Nation in Neil Jordan’s The Crying Game” with Tina Chanter in Glimpse 3 (2001) 51-62.
- “Difference Feminism and the Tao Te Ching” In: Varieties of Universalism, edited by Marko Zlomislic, David Goicoechea and Zdenko Zeman. Port Colborne/ Zagreb: Thought House Publishing Group, 1999.
- Argumentation and Rhetoric (Compact Disc), co–edited with Hans V. Hansen and Christopher W. Tindale. Brock University Press, first edition, 1998.