Latest departmental news and events within the Faculty of Humanities.
- English MA’s adapt to the virtual world by hosting a virtual Colloquium May 6, 2021Each year the Brock University English Language and Literature Graduate Program hosts an in-person Graduate Student Colloquium for students to present their Major Research Projects. However, during this pandemic year, on April 27th, the Brock […]
- Carol Merriam reappointed as Faculty of Humanities Dean March 23, 2021We are happy to share that Professor Carol Merriam has been re-appointed Dean of the Faculty of Humanities for a five-year term beginning July 1. Congratulations Professor Merriam! Carol Merriam reappointed as Faculty of Humanities […]
- Brock students provincially recognized for preserving Italian immigrant stories March 23, 2021The Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures is pleased to announce that students Daniella Pace, Elizabeth Colantoni and Sam Caravaggio won the Lieutenant Governor’s Ontario Heritage Award for Youth Achievement and Young Leaders. The […]
- There’s not always an app for that: Pandemic shows limits of tech solutions, says Brock prof March 16, 2021One year into the pandemic, COVID-19 is showing that tech can’t solve difficult societal problems, says Aaron Mauro, Assistant Professor with Brock’s Centre for Digital Humanities.
- Voices Across the Border – Decolonization: where we are and where we are going March 5, 2021April 8 1:30-2:50 EST Virtually on MS Teams This is a 3-event series of panels with experts discussing specific issues affecting Canada and the U.S. cohosted by Brock’s Centre for Canadian Studies, Bridgewater State University, and […]
- MARS 2P95 Conference – The Origins of Sports and Games in the Middle Ages from East to West March 18, 2021March 18 at 6:35 p.m. and March 25 at 5:15 p.m. Click here for conference poster and program Contact Professor Teresa Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to Event on Teams