This year’s Dr. Charles A. Sankey Lecture features Dr. Heather K. Calloway, Executive Director of University Collections at Indiana University. Heather’s research is in preserving fraternal and religious memorabilia and collections and finding innovative ways to engage new audiences with primary sources and collections. Her most recent publication (with co-author R. Bishop) is entitled “Augmented archives: engaging students in archives and special collections through augmented reality technology,” which is a chapter in Augmented and Virtual Reality in Libraries (Rowman and Littlefield: 2018).
- Date: Sunday, April 26, 2023, 3-5 pm
- Where: Sean O’Sullivan Theatre (Reception to follow in Market Hall)
- Title: “Skeletons in the Lodge Hall: Hidden Collections and Fraternal Curiosities”
- Please encourage your students and colleagues to attend! Everybody is welcome! Spread the word far and wide.
- Reserve your FREE Tickets through Eventbrite
- The event will also be livestreamed here
This year’s event will feature a “Masonic Antiques Roadshow” at the reception. Dr. Calloway, along with Brock’s Head of Archives and Special Collections, David Sharron, will have a sample of Masonic items on display. Members of the public are encouraged to bring in their own Freemason objects to discuss their historical significance.
Additional information can be found on ExperienceBU and the Sankey Lecture Series website.