Foreword will introduce you to Humanities researchers at Brock and explore how their work can help us make sense of the rapidly changing world around us.
We’ll be talking with people from across the Faculty to learn what they’re doing, how they’re doing it, and why it matters.
In our first series, we’ll be introduced to the relatively new field of game studies and learn about book culture in Early Modern Britain. We’ll hear how new areas of research challenge our preconceptions of the Vikings and ask what a 19th century miller’s diary can tell us about Canadian history. We’ll delve into Indigenous issues and investigate how photographs can influence empathy.
We’ll ask some big questions and get some even bigger answers.
Transcripts for each episode will be available here once the episode has aired.
- Introducing Foreword – June 15, 2020
- S1E1 – Viking Culture – July 1, 2020
- S1E2 – Indigenous Mascots – July 8, 2020
- S1E3 – Early Modern Bookscapes – July 15, 2020
- S1 Bonus – Quotable: Data Privacy and Surveillance Capitalism – July 22, 2020
- S1E5 – Games – August 5, 2020
- S1E6 – Drug Photography – August 15, 2020
This podcast is financially supported by the Faculty of Humanities at Brock University.