Funding is now available for the 2020 Women’s Campus Safety Grant
The Women’s Campus Safety Grant is provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities to address safety and security needs on campus, including those related to addressing sexual violence and harassment. The Women’s Campus Safety Grant is provided to Human Rights and Equity to administer. Past projects and programs that have received funds include:
- REDress Project
- Vivek Shreya and Queer Symphony Orchestra
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women
- Print material and pamphlets on responding to sexual violence
- Orientation play
Applications are encouraged from university departments, recognized student organizations and individual members of the Brock community. Terms and Conditions of Grant:
- Initiatives (including final report) must be completed by March 31, 2020. This means monies must be spent by March 15, 2020.
- Grant funds can only be used for the approved initiative.
- The grant cannot be used to cover expenses related to: research projects/safety audits; travel/hospitality; employee salaries and benefits and consultant fees.
- Eligible expenses must be used for the following expenditures related to sexual violence prevention as well as general campus safety to benefit students:
- Awareness/Education examples include:
- Campus safety websites including the production of flyers, videos and digital products for online distribution.
- Supplies and promotional materials for specific campus awareness campaigns and social media campaigns on safety issues such as combating sexual violence and building consent awareness.
- Hosting or co-hosting awareness programs, safety and/or sexual violence conferences, courses and speaker honoraria.
- Services/supports examples include:
- Campus “Walk Safe” programs.
- Sexual assault prevention training, including self-defense workshops, peer support worker training and violence prevention training.
- Computer software, including safety mobile apps.
- Training for student volunteers, including welcome week safety training.
The Application Form must be completed before funding will be considered.
For questions please contact Leela MadhavaRau via email, firstname.lastname@example.org