Survival and self-care are important to prioritize after experiencing or witnessing racial injustice. Taking care of yourself and your community through self-care that works for you is a key aspect of recovery. Please take a look at the resources below for self-care suggestions, and check out our Gender and Sexual Violence Trauma and Self-Care resource page for general self-care ideas.
A collection of Black Therapeutic Supports, Trauma-Informed Grounding Techniques, Black Legal Resources and Community Services, Black Support Phone Lines, Affirming Black Content, and Music for Black Healing, Grieving, etc.. All located in the Greater Toronto Area.
An article from Vice.com about things you might do to get a tiny bit of relief after feeling sad, angry, or overwhelmed because of racial injustice.
The Niagara Regional Native Centre offers many programs for Indigenous people of all ages to engage in healing and wellness, and access education, safe spaces, shelters, and community justice supports.
The Healing and Wellness branch of the Métis Nation of Ontario facilitates programs, services, and activities to address the holistic needs of Métis people in Ontario at the provincial, regional, and local levels. Please check out their website for services in Ontario near you.
Brock Services for Self-Care
An anti-racism resource guide for BIPOC individuals in the Niagara area. Contents include on and off-campus religious associations, grocery stores, restaurants, community supports, services and more.
The guide is currently being updated! Please stay tuned for a new version.
There are many ratified Brock Clubs that offer a community of healing and support for specific cultural and spiritual needs. Please explore the list below for a Club that can suit you. To see a full list of all Brock’s Clubs, click here.
- Brock Filipino Students Association
- Brock U Sri Lankan Student Association
- Brock Vietnamese Student Association
- Indigenous Solidarity Coalition @ Brock
- Brock Indian Students Association
- Brock Macedonian Students Association
- Brock Malayalee Association
- Brock Pakistani Students’ Association
- Brock Tamil Association
- Brock University Chinese Students’ and Scholars Association
- Brock University Ghana Association
- Brock’s Punjabi Association (BPA)
- Brock Muslim Students’ Association
- Mandarin Chinese Christian Fellowship
- Aftershock Ministries
- Brock Catholic Students’ Association
- FOCUS Club at Brock
- LIFT- Church
- Power to Change- Discovering Jesus
- Destiny Group- Celebrating Jesus Christ
- North American Culture Association