Brock University Human Rights and Equity Office is proud to present our first bi-annual HRE Film Series!
September 25, October 9, October 23 & November 6
The HRE Film series is going to take place over four nights and showcase films themed after our department’s three pillars: anti-ableism, anti-racism, and sexual violence.
Each screening features a panel of professionals specialized in the film’s topic. Post-screening the panel will answer questions from the audience surrounding the film’s contents.Screenings are open to the public, Brock students, staff, and faculty.
Additionally, we will feature a Student Shorts night on November 6th to showcase the work of students from the Niagara and Toronto region.
We are always searching for members to add to our curating committee. Responsibilities include:
- Film selection and suggestions
- Panel member selection for each film
- Marketing help to expand visibility
- Planning meetings
If you are interested in joining, please email email@example.com.
Student Short Film Submission Guidelines
Are you interested in submitting a short film that you made for this series? Please see the instructions below to do so.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
- Short film, maximum 15 minutes
- Fiction, non-fiction, art films, animations, and documentaries
- Your film can have been shown at another festival/screening prior to this event. Its screening does not have to be exclusive to this event.
We invite submissions that showcase the complexities surrounding human rights, harassment, anti-ableism, anti-racism, and sexual violence. Whether it be an engaging story or creative explanation, we want films that are thought-provoking and spark engaging discussion surrounding the above social justice issues.
To submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Film creator’s full name, post-secondary institution, and year
- Run time
- A short (maximum 200 words) description of your film
- Upload a trailer or short preview to Vimeo or YouTube and submit link with application
- Send a .mov, .avi, .mp4 trailer or short preview
Applicants will be notified mid October. Once notified, event details surrounding screening logistics will be available.
For further questions concerning this event, or any submissions, please contact email@example.com for more details.