We’re an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that provides you and your family with immediate and confidential support to help resolve work, health, and life challenges to improve your life. Let us help you find solutions so you can reach your goals at any age or stage of life. We help millions of people worldwide live healthy, happy, and production lives.
In situ counselling process
For more information on resources available when a tragic event occurs in the Brock Community, please review the flow chart.
Morneau Shepell briefs
- Bouncing back how to improve resilience
- Dealing with stress resulting from change
- Understanding and coping with a loss
Additional counselling resources
NEW Revised Smoking & Vaping Policy
Changes have been made to the Smoking & Vaping Policy. Some highlights of this policy are smoking and vaping at Brock University and in University owned vehicles is prohibited except in outdoor designated smoking areas (DSA), and the smoking and vaping of recreational cannabis is prohibited on campus, including in vehicles and in DSAs.
Changes will also be coming to the 1812 Sir Isaac Brock campus DSAs in the spring of 2019 with the implementation of an east-west outdoor smoke-free corridor with a reduced number of DSAs located outside the corridor. The information and resources provided below details the changes, the locations where smoking and vaping is permitted and provides guidance for situations of non-compliance.
- Smoking and Vaping Policy
- Designated Smoking Area Locations and Non-Compliance Procedure
- Smoking and Vaping Non-Compliance Report Form
Interested in quitting or reducing smoking, free help is available from the following resources:
Brock employees can visit our OneBrock for more information about Smoking and Vaping.
Student unpaid placement process
This section is designed to assist those involved with students participating in unpaid placements for academic credit. The information provided below outlines the process as per the criteria set out by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and the process for students requiring private insurance coverage for unpaid placements which do not meet the MTCU criteria.
- Unpaid Student Placement Process Chart
- Pre Placement Field Trip Due Diligence Checklist
- Student Declaration of Understanding
- Letter to Placement Employers
- Pre Placement Safety Orientation Checklist
- MTCU Post Secondary Student Unpaid Work Placement Workplace Claim Form
- Letter of Authorization to Represent Employer
- Biosafety manual
- Injury/Incident Report form – Please open and complete the Injury/Incident Report form using the newest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Pedestrian and motorist safety on campus
Young worker awareness
Brock University’s Health, Safety & Wellness (HSW) department is committed to providing resources to the Brock community, including Brock students as they enter the workforce. These resources are intended to support and enhance knowledge in occupational health, safety and wellness.
Many young workers are not fully aware of their health and safety rights. All employees are entitled to comprehensive health and safety training to fully prepare them for their work duties and responsibilities. In addition, all employees have the right to KNOW about hazards in the workplace, the right to REFUSE unsafe work and the right to PARTICIPATE in the workplace to identify and resolve workplace health and safety concerns.
If you’re a young worker, regardless of where you work, a terrific resource to spark conversation with a parent, friend, or coworker is Bring Safety Home. This resource was created to stimulate conversations between parents and young workers about health and safety in the workplace. Additionally, the Ministry of Labour (MOL) is also an excellent option for free Health and Safety Awareness training.
Emergency and life safety
- Main campus
- Hamilton campus
- Areas of refuge
- Emergency warden and supervisor procedures
- Emergency warden and supervisor responsibilities
- Employer, academic and division head responsibilities
- Faculty and staff responsibilities
- Occupant procedures
- Occupant responsibilities
- Persons requiring assistance procedures
- Persons requiring assistance responsibilities
- PRA monitor responsibilities and procedures
- University responsibilities