From Intention to Action (FITA) is a counselling program run by Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre. FITA is a structured intervention that is geared towards assisting students to improve their mental health, cope with academic stress, develop better learning strategies, and maintain a healthy life balance.
How do you get started?
If you are interested in participating in the FITA program, please complete the application form. Once the online application form has been completed, a FITA staff member will connect with you within 3 business days to discuss next steps!
Please be aware, that due to the demand of this service, there is a chance that you could be placed on a wait list.
Within the program, students participate in a psychological assessment which evaluates their personal adjustment, personality, study habits and academic achievement. The assessment also screens for mental health concerns. Students are provided with a feedback session to review the results of the assessment and to develop a recommended plan of action. Subsequently, 12 weekly one-on-one, 1-hour meetings with a counsellor commence.
- Monday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Wednesday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Monday: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm.
- Wednesday: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm.
- Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.