Counselling is offered as part of the ancillary fees that students pay annually. There are no restrictions to the number of appointments. Our counsellors are all trained in Trauma Informed Practices. We aim to provide each individual with the support needed to address their concerns about their well being. Counselling is completely confidential within the limits of the law.
Personal Counselling Appointments
- To make an appointment call 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or 001 416 382 3257 if outside of North America (long distance charges may apply) any time any day.
- Evening Mental Health Drop-In Appointments 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Online ONLY, Monday to Thursday), self-booking Click Here. If there are no drop-in times available, please call 1-833-276-2533.
- Same day Urgent Mental Health Drop In is available at Heritage Plaza on Mondays and Tuesdays OR at Harrison Hall on Wednesdays and Thursdays, please drop in from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or call ext 3243.
- If you need help from a Learning Strategist, to get back on track academically self booking Click Here.
Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere.
Free confidential support when you need it with My SSP.
- 24/7 support via telephone or text chat using the My SSP app.
- Professional support with licensed counsellors in real-time.
- Support available in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (Simplified Chinese via chat).
Search Brock University Student Counselling Program when creating your profile to access Brock’s branded My SSP app.
Urgent/ Crisis Counselling
- Students can receive urgent/crisis 24/7 telephone counselling by calling 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or students who are outside of North America can call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply) for 365/24/7 telephone support.
If you are unable to call the Personal Counselling phone number due to accessibility issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored Monday to Friday 9am-4pm so is not to be used for urgent matters. Response time may vary and will be impacted by Brock University closures.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHY STUDENTS MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT PERSONAL COUNSELLING:
- Difficulty adjusting to student life
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
- Concerns or uncertainty about their post-graduation plans
Request for Personal Health Information
Please fill out the information request form and email it to Naomi Christopher email@example.com