Counselling is available to all registered Brock Students and is free of charge. It can be on a 1:1 basis or via group therapy and workshops. Our counsellors are all trained in Trauma Informed Practices. We aim to provide each individual with the support needed to address their concerns about their well being. Counselling is completely confidential within the limits of the law.
How to Seek Counselling Services:
- APPOINTMENTS, IN-PERSON OR ONLINE; please call 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33). If outside North America, call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply). To book ongoing sessions with a Brock counsellor you need to be living in Canada and be registered for courses that term.
This line is available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- TEXT or chat with a counsellor using the Telus Health Student Support app 24/7 (formerly My SSP app). Immediate support is available over the phone in 35 languages and over chat in simplified Chinese, English, French and Spanish. Download Telus Health Student Support in App Store or Google Play and search Brock University Personal Counselling Program when creating your profile.
- Mental Health Drop-In (In-person only): In-person appointments are available for urgent matters on ST4th floor Tuesday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Monday at Harrison Hall). Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- International Student Mental Health Drop-In: Experiencing culture shock, Anxious about things? Experiencing social isolation? Need advice? Speak with a therapist with lived experiences on Fridays on the 4th floor of Schmon Tower click here to book.
- Group Workshops are available on an ongoing basis via Experience BU. Click to see what is available.
- FITA Learning Strategies: Use the online booking system to book your in-person or online appointment now! Click here.
- Addiction Counselling: Community Addiction Services of Niagara (CASON) staff comes onsite to support students across campus for any addiction related needs (ex. Substance use, gambling, gaming, internet use, sex, etc). Email email@example.com or use the self-booking link here.
Need further assistance to access any of the above? Use our live chat, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call x5442.
Urgent / Crisis Counselling
- Students can receive urgent/crisis 24/7 telephone counselling by calling 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or students who are outside of North America can call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply) for 365/24/7 telephone support.
If you are unable to call the Personal Counselling phone number due to accessibility issues, please email email@example.com. This email is monitored Monday to Friday 9am-4pm so is not to be used for urgent matters. Response time may vary and will be impacted by Brock University closures.
Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere.
Free confidential support when you need it with TELUS HEALTH STUDENT SUPPORT APP.
- 24/7 support via telephone or text chat using the Telus Health Student Support app. (Formerly My SSP app).
- Professional support with licensed counsellors in real-time.
- Support available in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (Simplified Chinese via chat).
Search Brock University Student Counselling Program when creating your profile to access Brock’s branded Telus Health Student Support app.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHY STUDENTS MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT PERSONAL COUNSELLING:
- Difficulty adjusting to student life
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
- Concerns or uncertainty about their post-graduation plans
Request for Personal Health Information
Follow this link to get more information or to request your file. Click here.