Counselling is available to all registered Brock Students and is free of charge. There are no restrictions to the number of appointments. Our counsellors are all trained in Trauma Informed Practices. We aim to provide each individual with the support needed to address their concerns about their well being. Counselling is completely confidential within the limits of the law.
How to Seek Counselling Services:
- APPOINTMENTS, IN-PERSON OR ONLINE; please call 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33). If outside North America, call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply). To book ongoing sessions with a Brock counsellor you need to be living in Canada.
This line is available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- TEXT or chat with a counsellor using the My SSP app 24/7. Immediate support is available over the phone in 35 languages and over chat in simplified Chinese, English, French and Spanish. Download My SSP App Store or Google Play and search Brock University Personal Counselling Program when creating your profile.
- Mental Health Drop-In (In-person only): In-person appointments are available for urgent matters at Harrison Hall Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4.00 pm. Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT? Confidential personal counselling for mental health issues. Experiencing culture shock, depression or social isolation? Need advice? Drop in on Thursdays at Harrison Hall and speak with a therapist with lived experiences or click here to book.
- Group Workshops (online delivery) are available on an ongoing basis via Experience BU. Click to see what is available.
- Learning Strategies: Use the online booking system to book your in-person or online appointment now! Click here.
- Need support regarding Addiction? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or use the self-booking system.
Addiction Booking System
Need further assistance to access any of the above? Use our live chat, email email@example.com, or call x5442.
Urgent / Crisis Counselling
- Students can receive urgent/crisis 24/7 telephone counselling by calling 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or students who are outside of North America can call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply) for 365/24/7 telephone support.
If you are unable to call the Personal Counselling phone number due to accessibility issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored Monday to Friday 9am-4pm so is not to be used for urgent matters. Response time may vary and will be impacted by Brock University closures.
Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere.
Free confidential support when you need it with My SSP APP.
- 24/7 support via telephone or text chat using the My SSP app.
- Professional support with licensed counsellors in real-time.
- Support available in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (Simplified Chinese via chat).
Search Brock University Student Counselling Program when creating your profile to access Brock’s branded My SSP app.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHY STUDENTS MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT PERSONAL COUNSELLING:
- Difficulty adjusting to student life
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
- Concerns or uncertainty about their post-graduation plans
Request for Personal Health Information
Follow this link to get more information or to request your file. Click here.