Counselling is offered as part of the ancillary fees that students pay annually. There are no restrictions to the number of appointments. Our counsellors are all trained in Trauma Informed Practices. We aim to provide each individual with the support needed to address their concerns about their well being. Counselling is completely confidential within the limits of the law.
How to seek Counselling services:
Book an appointment (in person or online); please call 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33). Outside North America call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply).
This line is available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Text or chat using the My SSP app 24/7. Download My SSP App Store or Google Play and search Brock University Personal Counselling Program when creating your profile.
- Same day drop in counselling (in person or online) is available; M-F 9-4 Schmon Tower 4th Floor. For online or in-person call x5442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a same-day appointment
- Evening Urgent counselling drop-in (online only) please click the link to book through the self-booking system.
Evening Drop In Booking System
- Group Workshops (online delivery) are available on an ongoing basis via Experience BU. Click to see what is available.
- Do you need help with exam preparation? Need to improve your learning skills? Book time with a Learning Strategist.
Learning Strategist Booking System
- Do you need support from Addiction Services? Email email@example.com for more information or use the self-booking system.
Addiction Booking System
Need further assistance to access any of the above? Use our live chat 9-4pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Urgent / Crisis Counselling
- Students can receive urgent/crisis 24/7 telephone counselling by calling 1-833-276-2533 (1-833-BROCK33) or students who are outside of North America can call 001 416 382 3257 (long distance charges may apply) for 365/24/7 telephone support.
If you are unable to call the Personal Counselling phone number due to accessibility issues, please email email@example.com. This email is monitored Monday to Friday 9am-4pm so is not to be used for urgent matters. Response time may vary and will be impacted by Brock University closures.
Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere.
Free confidential support when you need it with My SSP APP.
- 24/7 support via telephone or text chat using the My SSP app.
- Professional support with licensed counsellors in real-time.
- Support available in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (Simplified Chinese via chat).
Search Brock University Student Counselling Program when creating your profile to access Brock’s branded My SSP app.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHY STUDENTS MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT PERSONAL COUNSELLING:
- Difficulty adjusting to student life
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
- Concerns or uncertainty about their post-graduation plans
Request for Personal Health Information
Please fill out the information request form and email it to Naomi Christopher firstname.lastname@example.org