Considering withdrawing from a course? Connect with Brock Central.
Questions about deregistration?
We can explain the deregistration process – Contact Records
Please click here for the list of courses having Auto-Deregistration. (Coming Soon)
While you’re registering for your courses, it is possible to add a course for which you don’t have the proper prerequisites. We want to keep these courses open to students that have the correct prerequisites, so we perform nightly rounds of automatic deregistration.
During the registration periods for Fall/Winter, courses that are on the Automatic Deregistration list, when Brock University prerequisites are not met, will be dropped nightly:
Students who have earned all their credits at Brock and who do not have the specific Brock University prerequisites as stated in the current Undergraduate Calendar will be deregistered from those courses specified by the Department/Centre. This means that the following students will require overrides in order to stay registered in the Fall/Winter Automatic Deregistration List courses:
- students who have been granted exemption or substitution from the prerequisite course.
- students who have been given verbal permission.
- students with unspecified Letter of Permission credits.
- students who are visiting Brock University on a Letter of Permission.
- students who have not been admitted directly from high school with a grade 12 or 4U/M prerequisite course.
*For students who are registered in and have not yet completed the prerequisite course(s) from a previous session/term:
- “Registered” will display on the student’s Course Marks and Inquiry page;
- “R” will display on the class list beside the student’s name;
- and will not be subject to automatic deregistration until a final grade is processed.
- No grade
- Incomplete (IN)
- In Progress (IP)
- Not Reported (NR)
- Deferred Examination (SP)