Student Exam Information
Examinations in Spring 2018 first term (UG D1, D2) will run Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2. The examination timetable for first term will be posted the week of May 7.
Examinations in Spring 2018 second term (UG D1, D3) will run on Friday, July 6 and Saturday, July 7. The examination timetable for second term will be posted the week of June 11.
Examinations for Summer 2018 term will run on Saturday, August 18. The examination timetable for Summer will be posted the week of July 23.
Note that not all courses will have an examination.
* Accelerated or Special Duration courses: some accelerated or special duration courses schedule exams immediately after the last day of class. Please contact your instructor once classes begin to determine if there will be an examination in your course and when the exam will be scheduled.
* On-line Courses: students registered in on-line courses may be required to write tests and/or exams at Brock, St. Catharines campus. Contact your instructor to determine if a test and/or exam will be required. If an test/exam is required, and you live more than 150km away from Brock St. Catharines campus, you are eligible to write at an off-campus location. See the distance exams page for more information: https://brocku.ca/registrar/toolkit/exams/proctor-services/proctoring-150km/.
If you are planning to write a test or exam at a distance, please ensure you start searching for a proctor early in the course. Proctoring information will normally be due at least 7 business days before the test or exam. Exams or tests must be written at the same date and time as the Brock campus site, unless given an exception in writing from the instructor.
If you live within 150km of Brock, you must write your examination for on-line courses at Brock campus.
- Students should not enter an examination with prohibited items (books, papers, bags, backpacks, etc.); Coats and purses are to be placed at the front of the room (under your chair if located in gymnasium). NOTE: The University is not responsible for valuable brought into any of the locations where examinations are written.
- Your Brock University Student ID card must be placed on the desk (web-only students who may not have a Brock University Student ID may present a government-issued photo ID); each students’ identification will be verified by an Invigilator.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices are allowed. Students who bring them will be required to turn them off and place them in the Ziploc bag provided. If a student is found to be in possession of an electronic device (including handhelds, smart wearables, etc.) during the exam, the student may be charged with an Academic Integrity infraction
- The only other items allowed on each student’s desk are: examination and answer books, pens, pencils, eraser (no pencil cases) and any other materials approved by the instructor (e.g. calculator)
- Two or more examinations scheduled at the same time constitute a conflict. Students who have conflicting examinations should complete a General Request Form, at the Registrar’s Office reception, third floor, Schmon Tower. Indicate the courses in conflict, and address to the attention of Examinations & Timetables, Scheduling Department. Please report conflicts immediately. Students are expected to check their exams again at the end of term as it may be necessary to make some minor adjustments to location.