In the last month, there have been many updates on the return to campus for the Fall 2021 semester. As of yesterday, September 1, Brock is proceeding with the Fall Term as planned, following the direction from the government about fall-term delivery for Ontario post-secondary institutions.
To consolidate the information that has been posted about the return to campus and hopefully help you prepare for the Fall semester, here is information that has been shared by Brock:
Brock’s vaccination requirement comes into effect this upcoming Tuesday, September 7. When in effect, only those who are vaccinated or who meet limited criteria for accommodation will be permitted on both the St. Catharines and Hamilton campuses.
Coming to Campus
To come onto campus, students, staff and faculty need to fill out the vaccination declaration form here – this should be completed so as soon as possible as it is a mandatory requirement of the university. Those who have not submitted their vaccination information by Sept. 7 will not be permitted on campus until they do so.
Those who have accommodation exemptions will be required to complete twice weekly rapid antigen testing and enhanced screening upon arrival to campus.
Ensuring Safety on Campus
As shared in an email to all students yesterday, Brock has steps to ensure your safety on campus, including the list below:
- Implementing mandatory vaccination requirements for all those who wish to access any Brock campus
- Requiring face coverings while indoors on campus, as well as at any outdoor events
- Requiring all those coming to campus to screen for COVID-19 symptoms using the Brock Safety app
- Increasing student wellness services, including access to a specialized COVID-19 nurse
- Making significant improvements to campus ventilation systems
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures across campus
- Using a booking system for access to recreational and other space
- Supporting Niagara Region Public Health with on-campus public vaccination clinics
- Hosting the province’s GO-VAXX mobile vaccine clinic
Mirroring similar processes of BUSU (the Brock University Students’ Union), we will continue to operate through a vastly virtual office model for Fall 2021. We do not have the capacity to currently take walk-in appointments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please first direct these to our office at email@example.com or phone (905) 688-5550, ext. 4094. If staff determine that an in-person appointment is required, individuals will have to follow processes found here.