January 21, 2022 – (St. Catharines, ON)
Whether you may be struggling to navigate the ongoing pandemic, balancing workload that comes with being a graduate student, and/or wanting finding harmony between all outputs of your life, we acknowledge that the worlds around us can feel heavy. We also acknowledge that reaching out for supports may not always be easy.
While the information below is not inclusive of all resources and supports available to you, we wanted to share these as a starting point to you discovering the best supports for your well-being and situation.
Personal Counselling & MySSP App
Personal counselling is available to all Brock graduate students 24/7. You can speak to a professionally trained counsellor in a confidential space, completely free.
- For an appointment call 905-688-5550 x 6380 or visit ST400 on campus
- For urgent 24/7 telephone counselling, call 1-833-BROCK33 (1-833-2762-533)
You can also download the MySSP app (provided free by Brock) and receive confidential 24/7 support via text or telephone with a professional counsellor. Support is available in English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (simplified Chinese via chat).
The app also offers an extensive library of mental health and well-being resources, including articles, podcasts, infographics and videos and unlimited free access to the virtual fitness app LIFT. The app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. When creating a profile, be sure to enter ‘Brock University Student Counselling Program’ as the school.
For other avenues of well-being, wellness, and mental health supports, please consider:
- Canadian Mental Health Association Niagara
- Community Addiction Services of Niagara
- Distress Centre Niagara
- Good2Talk (confidential support services for post-secondary students)
- Niagara Holistic Wellness Portal
- Niagara Regional Police Service Crisis Outreach and Support Team
- Access to fitness classes via ExpressFit on Demand
- Brock University Library’s Library Yoga YouTube playlist
Additional App Recommendations
If you are looking for a resource that is more portable and accessible to your every day, perhaps a mobile-based app could work for you. While there are several support resources online that you can access, here are a few suggestions to kickstart your search to find the best option for you:
- Headspace App
- Calm App
- Simple Habit App
- Happify App
Tips and Resources (complied by Faculty of Graduate Studies)