Brock Service Highlight: Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre (SWAC)
The Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre, also often referred to as SWAC, provides many services for all students. As a graduate student, you have access to all these services for free as they are included in your annual student ancillary fees.
Check out the information below to learn more about what SWAC offers for you and how you can access these services.
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
What is Student Health Services?
Even as a graduate student, you have access to all on-campus medical clinics and services during your time at Brock. At Student Health Services, you can book an appointment with a physician or mental health nurse, visit an urgent care same-day clinic for any health issue, including:
- Mental health and anxiety
- Immunizations and injections
- Free and confidential STI testing
- General health examinations
How can I access Student Health Services?
If you want to book an appointment with a mental health nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician:
- Call 905-688-5550 x 3243 to get an appointment from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you want to go to an in-person mental health drop-in, visit:
- Heritage Plaza Drug Smart Pharmacy (also referred to as Campus Pharmacy) clinic from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Monday or Tuesday
- Harrison Hall from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday or Thursday
If you need an urgent same-day appointment at the Heritage Plaza Drug Smart Pharmacy clinic, pick a time on their online booking system.
What is personal counselling?
Whether you may be struggling with the workload that comes with being a graduate student, having difficulty due to the ongoing pandemic, or just want to talk to a counsellor to discuss any personal concerns, personal counselling is available to Brock graduate students 24/7. You can speak to a professionally trained counsellor in a confidential space, completely free.
How can I access personal counselling?
- For an appointment call 905-688-5550 x 6380 or visit ST400 on campus
- For urgent 24/7 telephone counselling, call 1-833-BROCK33 (1-833-2762-533)
You can also download the MySSP app (provided free by Brock) and receive confidential 24/7 support via text or telephone with a professional counsellor. Support is available English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese (simplified Chinese via chat).
STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES
What is Student Accessibility Services?
If you need support with any documented permanent disability or temporary ongoing medical, mental health and/or cyclical health condition which may be impacting your academics, Student Accessibility Services can provide accommodations for you!
How do I submit my documentation and register?
- Visit the Student Accessibility Services website for more information to register.
- Call 905-688-5550 x 3240, email email@example.com, or visit ST400 on campus if you need assistance or have any questions with registration.
THE GRADUATE WELLNESS HUB
What is the Graduate Wellness Hub?
Every week online (on Microsoft Teams) and in-person on campus, the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre holds drop-in counselling every week, run by Brock graduate students’. If you aren’t sure where to go on campus for a specific concern you’re having, or just want to talk to another graduate student for support, please don’t hesitate to stop by!
When and how can I get to the Hub?
- For online peer-to-peer support, visit this link to join the Graduate Wellness Hub on Microsoft Teams every Monday from 6 – 8 p.m.
- For in-person peer-to-peer support, go to TH134 on campus, every Friday from 5 – 7 p.m.
If you have additional questions about SWAC’s services or how to access them, email Andrew Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Fennell (email@example.com).