Your academic and professional experience in accounting is the most important part of your application.
Admission to the MAcc program is extremely competitive, and we take all aspects of your application into consideration. Please note that a minimum average of 75% does not guarantee admission.
In addition to our minimum admission requirements, we also consider your personal qualities, such as leadership ability, communication skills, motivation, dedication, and commitment to community engagement. At Goodman, we encourage students to nurture and develop both sides of their brain by growing personally and academically.
- Four year Goodman bachelor’s degree in Accounting (BAcc) or an approved four year bachelor’s degree completed in Accounting, in Canada, that fulfills the equivalent CPA Ontario 51 credit hour prerequisites (please note that the 51 credit hour prerequisites exceed the PEP entry requirements).
|Subject Area||Credit-hours Required|
|Financial Accounting (Intro., Inter., Adv.)||15|
|Cost and Management Accounting (Intro., Inter.)||6|
|Advanced Accounting Elective (Integration/Case Study)||3|
|Audit (Intro., Adv., EDP)||9|
|Canadian Taxation (Personal, Corporate)||6|
|Business Information Systems||3|
|Finance/ Financial Management||3|
|Economics (Micro., Macro.)||3|
|Canadian Business Law||3|
*Please note that international degrees obtained outside of Canada will not qualify for admission into the MAcc program.
*Students who have completed their undergraduate degree at a Canadian institution other than Goodman are strongly encouraged to request a pre-assessment of eligibility on the Graduate Portal prior to applying.
- Minimum 75 per cent academic average in the last two years of undergraduate degree
- Minimum 75 per cent academic average in key accounting prerequisite courses (with no grade below 60)
- Two academic references provided by Business Faculty members
- Minimum English Language Proficiency score (if applicable): TOEFL: IBT 105 /Academic IELTS: 7.5
- Do you need this? Please contact the Graduate Programs Office for an assessment.
- Goodman may request an English Language score from any applicant whose first language is not English.
- A personal interview with a designated faculty member may be required