The Goodman School of Business and Walker Industries partner to offer a unique program specifically for Walker employees who are in supervisory roles or who aspire to fill future management roles.
Goodman-Walker Professional Management Certificate Program
Walker Industries Holdings Limited representatives and the Goodman School of Business have designed this program based on ongoing discussions about Walker’s management education needs.
Seminars are based on topics related to the needs identified by Walker management and take place at Brock University. Individuals who successfully complete the program requirements will be granted the Professional Management Certificate by the Goodman School of Business.
- Develop your own leadership skills, recognize how leadership can be fostered and understand the collective challenges of leadership
- Evaluate the merits of delegation as a leadership tool, develop a process for effective delegation and identify critical success factors for effective delegation
- Understand an overview of the Strategic Planning Process and best practices in Strategic Planning
- Understand basic financial principles, financial management tools and techniques necessary for sound decision making (such as the uses of financial information for accounting, taxation and decision making)
- Have crucial conversations in the workplace through exploration of useful communication models and tools and practice their application
- Understand essentials of planning, prioritizing and productivity effectively for improved success and results