The Aboriginal Governance Program gives you the expertise you need to become a leader in your organization and in your community. Ideal for Band Council Members, Band Staff Members, and Elected Chiefs.
SEMINAR TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Embracing the Leadership Challenge (1 & 2)
• Leading Change (1 & 2)
• Budgeting and Financial Management (1 & 2)
• Applied Budgeting and Financial Management (1 & 2)
• Historical Development of Governance – Westminster vs.Indigenous Styles
• Ethics and Protocol – How to Deal With Each Other
• Organizational Imperatives – Rules, Regulations, and Traditions
• Legal Implications
• Cultural Fit
• Wrap up – Personal Development Plans
All seminars will take place on Manitoulin Island at the Weengushk Film Institute from 6pm-9pm.
$5,950 + HST per participant
Your organization may be eligible to have up to 83% of the cost of this program
covered by the Canada-Ontario Jobs Grant.
That means the 15 seminars could cost your organization as little as $1,015 per participant. Instructions for applying for the grant can be provided.