ExperienceBU is an incredible resource and is a great way to keep all your club information in one spot! Take advantage of all features and tools to help you be successful.
ExperienceBU is Brock’s online involvement portal and events calendar. Get your club, and all the great events and activities you host, noticed and get students involved!
ExperienceBU helps you manage your club and is a great way to keep all your information in one spot. And ExperienceBU makes leadership turnover and other transitions a breeze. Take advantage of all features and tools to help your club be successful.
ROSTER – The roster is where you can keep track of all your current members and accept new requests to join your club. Use the positions feature to customize your roster with appropriate titles for your officers, captains, leaders, committees, etc. and decide what level of access each position should have to your site. Through your roster, you can also message some or all your membership easily!
ABOUT – Let students know who you are! Tell them what your organization is about, where they find you and how they can contact you. Add in your social media links so that students can easily connect with you across multiple platforms. Don’t forget a cool profile picture too – a club logo works well!
EVENTS – Let club members, students and the campus know what you are doing and how they can get involved! All events must be posted in ExperienceBU in order to promote on campus and risk manage your event. ExperienceBU makes it easy – simply create your event and the system will walk you through the risk management process step-by-step!
NEWS – Create news articles to circulate important information to your group members, the campus, or anyone who visits ExperienceBU. News will appear on the ExperienceBU homepage (if public) and on your organization homepage. Be sure to include a good picture so that you get noticed!
GALLERY –Show off ALL your hard work! Post pictures from your events, member pictures, or even past flyers or marketing, logos, graphics for next year’s executive. Simply create an album and start uploading.
DOCUMENTS – Get all your important documents in one place! Upload any word documents, PDFs, PowerPoints, pictures that you would want shared with the members or officers of your group or the public – meeting minutes, budget reports, forms, training materials…whatever you want! It is also another great way to ensure next year’s team has everything they need to succeed!
FORMS – This module is a full featured forms builder – create application forms, sign-up lists, budgets or event surveys to distribute to members of your club or to the campus.
ELECTIONS – Use the elections section to run your executive elections online! Candidates can even add pictures and bios, and voting is still anonymous. Hosting a movie night and what to decide which movie to watch? Use the elections to create a poll!
BUSU Clubs Portal
The Clubs Portal is a page on ExperienceBU managed by BUSU. As a member of a BUSU Ratified Club, you can request access to the Clubs Portal – where you will find resources and request forms such as funding, room and table booking requests.
Have a question?
Email email@example.com or come by the Student Life Involvement Commons, MC A204
To be able to use the Clubs Portal, you must first request access:
- Log in to ExperienceBU at experiencebu.brocku.ca
- Using the search bar, look for Clubs Portal
- Once on the Clubs Portal page, click on the Clubs Portal Access Request in the Forms section
- Complete the requested information and submit. You will receive a notification on ExperienceBU once you have been given access
Once you are a member of the Clubs Portal page, you will now be able to access Club Funding Requests, Room and Table Bookings, Ratification Forms, Printing Requests and more.
- Log in to ExperienceBU at experiencebu.brocku.ca
- Click on Clubs Portal under your Memberships on the ExperienceBU main page.
- In the Forms section, you will now have access to Club Funding Requests, Room and Table Bookings, Ratification Forms, Printing Requests and more
- In the Documents section, you will find resources such as the Campus Promotions procedures, Code of Conduct, Alcohol Policy, Bylaws and more.
- When submitting forms, such as the Room Bookings request, you can check the status of your submission from your profile > Submissions page
- The Campus Promotions Procedures can be found on the Student Life website or on the Clubs Portal. Make sure you are familiar with the procedures for promoting your club and events around Campus.
- Track attendance at your events and consider including them as part of the Campus-Wide Co-Curriculum and providing students credit on Experience Plus. Did you know that Student Life has card readers you can borrow to help you track attendance?
- Keep on top of requests to join your group on ExperienceBU.
- Take advantage of features in ExperienceBU, such as the Forms and Documents sections. Use forms to build applications, create surveys, event registrations, and so much more. The Documents section can help you to organize marketing materials, posters, meeting minutes, bylaws or any other file you need some or all of your members or the public to access.
- Check your notification settings. Consider turning email notifications on so that you can be aware of activity on your page and receive updates on forms you have submitted (such as room bookings requests). Always remember to check your system inbox.