Assistant Professor (PhD), Department of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
- EDUC 5P32: Learning and the Mind
- EDUC 5P54: Designing Curriculum to Develop Thinking Abilities
- EDUC 3P62: Video Games in Educational Context
- EDUC3P50: Focus on Early Childhood Education I
- EDUC3P52: Focus on Early Childhood Education II
- EDUC3F01: The Process of Teaching
- EDCU3P40: Family, Schools and Literacy
- EDUC 4P28: 21st Century Literacy Across the Junior/Intermediate Curriculum
- EDUC 4P19: Integrating Curriculum and Assessment
- EDUC/CHYS 4P04: Observation and Evaluation in the Early Years
- Moral and socio-cognitive development in children and adolescents
- Brain-based learning and cognitive development
- Critical and Media literacy
- Video Gaming and Game-Based Learning in Educational Context
- Early Childhood Education and Technology
- Assessment and Evaluation within Curriculum
Levin, J., Nolan, J., Kerr, J., Elliott, A., & Bajovic, M. (2015). Principles of Classroom Management: A Professional Decision-Making Model – Fourth Canadian edition.
Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals
Harwood, D., Bajovic, M., Woloshyn, V., Di Cesare, D.M., Lane, L., & Scott, K. (2015). Intersecting spaces in early childhood education: Inquiry-based pedagogy and tablets. The International Journal of Holistic Early Learning and Development, 1, 53-67.
Rizzo, K., & Bajovic, M. (2015). Moral Literacy through Two Lenses: Pre-service Teachers’ Preparation for Character Education. International Journal for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (in press).
Bajovic, M. (2013). Violent Video Gaming and Moral Reasoning in Adolescents: Is There an Association?. Comparative Education Review, Vol. (58), Comparative and International Education: A Bibliography (August 2014),
Bajovic, M. (2013). Violent video gaming and moral reasoning in adolescents: is there an association?. Educational Media International 50(3), 177-191.
Bajovic, M., Rizzo, K & Engemann, J. (2012). Character education: Re-conceptualized for practical implementation, Ontario Education Research Exchange.
Bajovic, M. & Elliott, A. (2011). The Intersection of Critical Literacy and Moral Literacy: Implications for Practice. Critical Literacy: Theories and Practices, 5(1).
Bosacki, S., Elliott, A., Akseer, S., & Bajovic, M. (2010). Children’s media habits and preferences: Does spirituality play a role? British Journal of Religious Education, 32.
Bajovic, M., Rizzo, K & Engemann, J. (2009). Character education: Re-conceptualized for practical implementation, Canadian Journal of Administration and Policy, 92.
Bosacki, S., Elliott, A., Bajovic, M., & Akseer, S. (2009) “Preadolescents’ self-concept and popular magazine preferences” Journal of Research in Childhood Education, 23 (3).
Bajovic, M. & Elliott, A. (2006). Goose Hunt or Rap: Media effects on a group of Native-Canadian preadolescents. The Canadian Journal of Native Studies 16(1),173-184.
Elliott, A., Woloshyn, V., Bajovic, M., & Ratkovic, S. (2006). Promoting Teacher Candidates’ Awareness of the Role of Critical Literacy in the Curriculum: Lunchtime Conversations. The Reading Professor, 29(1).
Harwood, D., Bajovic, M., Woloshyn, V., Di Cesare, D.M., Lane, L., & Scott, K. (2015).Intersecting Spaces in Early Childhood Education: Inquiry Based Pedagogy and Tablets. Paper presented at The First Global Conference on Holistic Early Learning and Development, Orillia, Ontario.
Bajovic, M. & Rizzo, K. (2015). Emotion and experience: Mediating processes to cognition and action in children. Jean Piaget Society Conference, Toronto, On.
http://www.bbc.com/news/education Violent video games leave teens ‘morally immature’