Assistant Professor (PhD), Department of Educational Studies
Michael Mindzak (PhD, Western University) is an educational researcher interested in the intersections of work, schooling and society. More specifically, his research focuses on educational leadership and policy issues, the sociology of work, educational labour as well as technology in the contemporary period.
- History & Sociology of Education
- Educational Work & Labour
- Educational Leadership & Policy
- Educational Reform
- Educational Technologies
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
- Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE)
Mindzak, M. (2020). The Teacher-Volunteer in Ontario. Canadian Journal of Educational Administration & Policy.
Mindzak, M. (2020). COVID-19 and the Ongoing Problem of Educational Efficiency. Brock Education Journal, 29(2), 18-23.
Mindzak, M. (2020, July). Charter schools: What you need to know about their anticipated growth in Alberta. The Conversation.
Mindzak, M. (2020, February). What happens when a machine can write as well as an academic? University Affairs.
Mindzak, M. (2019, May). Precarious employment in education impacts workers, families and students. The Conversation.
Mindzak, M. (2016). Book Review: A Smarter Charter. Finding What Works for Charter Schools and Public Education Teachers College Record.
Mindzak, M. (2015). What Happened to Charter Schools in Canada? Equity & Excellence in Education, 48(1) 105-117.
Pollock, K., & Mindzak, M. (2015). Literature Review: Specialist Teachers and Student Achievement. Toronto, ON: Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario.
- EDUC 3P70 – Schooling, Education and Society
- EDUC 4P70 – Education as a Socio-Political System
- EDUC 5P99 – Introduction to Educational Studies
- EDUC 5P96 – Educational Internship
- EDUC 5P98 – Independent Study
- EDUC 5P62 – Power, Policy & Politics in Education
- EDUC 5P62 – Ethics in Educational Decision Making;
- EDUC 5P72 – Effecting Change in Education
- EDUC 5P92 – Introduction to Educational Research
- EDUC 5V58 – Special Topics in Education (Adult Education)
- EDUC 5Q96 – Experiential Learning in Education
- EDUC 5Q97 – Culminating Seminar