Assistant Professor (PhD), Department of Teacher Education
Available for Graduate Advisement
Department of Teacher Education
- EDUC 8Y28: Junior/Intermediate Science Methods
- EDUC 8Y38: Primary/Junior Science Methods
- EDUC 8Y15: Environmental/Outdoor Education
- EDUC 8D09: Principles/Practices for Professional Certification
Department of Graduate and Undergraduate Education
- EDUC 5P92: Introduction to Education Research
Joint Departmental PhD Program
- EDUC 7P69: Research Proposal Colloquium
- Environmental and Science Education
- Place-based Education; Rural Education
- History of Metaphysics and Epistemology
- Research Methodologies
- Empirical and philosophical inquiry
Karrow, D. (2010). Educating-within-place: Recovering from Metaphysics as Technicity. Saarbruken, Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing.
Karrow, D., & Fazio, X. (in press). Educating-within-place: Enactments of care within citizen science for ecojustice. In D. J. Tippins, M. P. Mueller, M. van Eijck, J. D. Adams (Eds.), Cultural studies and environmentalism: The confluence of ecojustice, place-based (Science) education, and indigenous knowledge systems. Springer.
Karrow, D. (in press). Ecophenomenology as ecosophical education: The liminality of swamps. Trumpeter.
Karrow, D., Fazio, X. (2010). Viewpoint: NatureWatch, schools and environmental education practice. Canadian Journal of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, 10(2), 160-172.
Kentel, J., Karrow, D. (2009). (Ek)static educating: Educating-within-place and the ecological imagination. Journal of the Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies, 7(2), 6-29.