Professor (PhD, PMP), Department of Educational Studies
Director, Centre for Digital Humanities, Faculty of Humanities
Available for Graduate Advisement
David Hutchison, PhD, PMP is Professor and Director of the Centre for Digital Humanities. He is cross appointed to the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Humanities. David is a STLHE National 3M Teaching Fellow and a certified project manager. His scholarship focuses on project-based learning, alternative education, and the philosophy of education. He is the Editor of EduProject.org, a website which focuses on project-based learning at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels.
- Project-based learning
- Game-based learning
- Alternative education
- Environmental education
- Philosophy of education
- Member, Project Management Institute
Hutchison, David (2018). Scaffolding project management best practices through experiential learning in a large enrolment online course. Transformative Dialogs Journal.
Hutchison, David. (2017). Project-based Learning: A Project Management Approach. St. Catharines, Ontario: EduProject.org.
Hutchison, David. (2015). Project-based learning: Drawing on best practices in project management. Research into Practice. Ontario Association of Deans of Education.
Hutchison, David. (2014). Enhancing literacy skills through digital video production. In Booth, D. I’ve Got Something to Say!: How Student Voices Inform Our Teaching. Toronto: Pembroke Publishers, pp. 107-108.
- Teaching and Learning Innovation Grant (2018) – Centre for Pedagogical Innovation, Brock University | $500
- Digital Pedagogy Institute Grant (2017, 2016, and 2015) – Humanities Research Institute, Brock University | $1,500
- Match of Minds (Inquiring Minds) Grant (2016) – Brock University | $4,500
- Service Learning Course Development Grant (2016) – Brock University | $3,000
- Professional Development Scholarship for Learning Education and Development (2015) – Project Management Educational Foundation | $2,480.30 U.S.
- e-Learning Course Development Grant (2015) – Brock University | $14,000
- Educational Developers Caucus Grant (2015) – Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education | $2,300
- Digital Pedagogy and the Undergraduate Experience Grant (2015) – Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council | $15,550 (a collaboration with the University of Toronto (lead) and Ryerson University)
- Interactive Art and Design: Theory and Practice Learning Modules (2015) – Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities | $72,500 (a collaboration with York University (lead) and Ryerson University)
- IASC 2P01: Foundations of Project Management
- IASC 2P08: Competencies in Interactive Arts & Science