The FOE Office of Research enhances the research of faculty members under the direction of the Dean and Associate Dean by identifying funding opportunities, reviewing grant applications, pre-reviewing ethics applications, understanding the administration of research within the University, offering research skills workshops, and assisting the faculty members and graduate students in increasing their research grants and knowledge mobilization activities.
The FOE Office of Research is devoted to promoting collaboration and partnerships among faculty members and external researchers, updating faculty members with research policies and procedures, and reporting to the Faculty Board. The Office also provides support for graduate students in their development of research capacity by facilitating various research skills workshops and promoting research assistantships.
Welcome to the midst of education research!
Financial support for graduate students includes internal and external scholarships and awards, such as Graduate Research Assistant Development (GRAD) Student Fund, Mach of Minds Program, Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship (SSHRC), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Doctoral Fellowship (SSHRC), and Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS).
Graduate Research Assistant Development (GRAD) Student Fund supports full-time Faculty of Education graduate students in their development of research skills. Priority will be given to full-time students; however, part-time students may be hired if no full-time students are available. Students must complete the attached application form and append it to their CV.
Applications must be submitted to Snezana Ratkovic, Research Officer, Faculty of Education (WH 107).
For more information, please contact Snežana Ratković, Research Officer at the FOE.
The FOE Office of Research provides support for graduate students and research assistants by offering research skills workshops, research assistantships, internships, and one-on-one tutorials and consultations.
- Association for Children Education International (ACEI) World Conference and Exhibition
- Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- World Forum on Early Care and Education
- Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE)
- Jean Piaget Society
- Canadian Association for the Study of Adult Education (CASAE)
- International Seminar in Teacher Education
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- Qualitative Analysis Conference
- Association of Canadian Choral Conductors (ACCC)
- Narrative Matters Conference
- Mountain Lake Colloquium for Teachers of General Music Methods