The Faculty of Education offers a variety of instructional programs at all levels of higher education. Please visit this website on a regular basis for the latest information about available full and part-time instructional positions in the Faculty of Education.
Please click on the links at left to learn more about employment opportunities in the Faculty of Education’s academic units. Also visit the Careers website for a listing of academic, administrative, and professional employment opportunities.
No current openings at this time.
Adult Education Instructors 2017-18 (Fall, Winter and Spring Sessions)
The application period for Adult Education courses beginning in Fall 2017, including Winter and Spring 2018 sessions has now concluded. Thank you to all applicants who made submissions and expressed interest in instructing in the Adult Education programs.
Brock University is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applications we receive from candidates; however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Individual contracts of employment granted from term to term do not guarantee subsequent contracts. The Centre for Adult Education and Community Outreach schedules courses according to enrolment and reserves the right to cancel course sections in any given term.
There are no active searches.
There are no active searches.
Part Time Instructional Positions:
The Department of Teacher Education is currently seeking applications for part time instructional positions (“sessional instructors”) for the 2017/18 academic year. Applications received by mid April 2017 will be considered for our upcoming 2017-2018 academic year. Please review the general job descriptions for each teaching position and then apply following the 3-step application process. You are welcome to apply to multiple positions and to apply to multiple campuses.
- Review the General Position Descriptions below.
- Open the Program Chart associated with the program you wish to teach in. These charts (consecutive — concurrent) list courses by name, course number, and the term taught. For a brief description of the course, open the undergraduate calendar click on the word SEARCH (grey bar) and search for the course number.
- Apply. You only need to apply once, even if you are applying to teach several courses. Simply put the course number/course code for each course you want to teach in the subject line (No spaces in the course code, separated by a /). Type your cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Coursenumber/coursenumber/coursenumber…Where each course number is provided without space and there is a / between courses. Example: EDUC8P20/EDUC8Y23 (not EDUC 8P20 and EDUC 8Y23).
- Cover letter. This should be the body of your email. Please include the following information in your letter
- School board you are currently employed, if applicable.
- Campus/campuses you are willing to teach at.
- Have you taught in the Department of Teacher Education in the past 2 years?
- Are you currently a Masters’ or PHD student?
General Position Descriptions
“Click” on the position name below to open the link outlining the roles and responsibilities of each type of position prior to applying online.
- Faculty Advisor (Year 5 concurrent education program only)
- Instructor (Positions in both the concurrent and consecutive education programs)
- Year 1 Practicum Instructor P/J/I (consecutive education program)
- Year 1 Practicum Advisor P/J/I (consecutive education program)
- Year 1 Practicum Instructor I/S (consecutive education program)
- Year 2 Practicum Instructor P/J/I (consecutive education program)
- Year 2 Practicum Instructor I/S (consecutive education program)
Graduate and Undergraduate Studies in Education
Applications are currently being accepted in the Faculty of Education, Graduate and Undergraduate Studies Dept. for the following positions for winter 2018:
- Instructor position for EDUC 4P27 D3 S1
- Instructor position for EDUC 4P28 D3 S1
- Instructor position for EDUC 5P72 D3 S2
- Instructor position for EDUC 5P72 D3 S4
Applications should include a cover letter, current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) and should be sent via email to:
Ms. Betty Chambers
Department of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies in Education
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1