Welcome to the Developmental Processes in Health and Well-Being Lab!
Broadly, we are interested in understanding risk and resilience factors in health and well-being across the lifespan with a specific focus on children and youth. Some research questions that we seek to answer include:
- How do personality characteristics, such as perfectionism, influence health and well-being in children and youth?
- From a lifespan perspective, do the associations between personality and adjustment or between personality and well-being vary as a function of the developmental period (e.g., middle childhood, adolescence, emerging adulthood etc.)?
- What biological, psychological, and environmental factors contribute to adjustment and well-being in youth as they transition from high school to postsecondary life or as they make their way through postsecondary?
- How does participation in performance activities such as competitive dance contribute to adjustment, health, and well-being in youth?
- How does prenatal and postnatal substance exposure impact children’s development?