A Brock Card is your official Brock University identification. To determine if you require a Brock Card, please read the information below.
I HAVE THE RED BACKGROUND VERSION OF THE BROCK CARD. IS IT A VALID/ACCEPTED OFFICIAL CAMPUS IDENTIFICATION?
Students living in Residence, attending in-class instruction, requiring resources from the Library, is a Varsity athlete participating in on-site training and local students requiring the use of St. Catharines transit will need a student card during the academic year.
To begin the process of obtaining your Brock Card, please follow the steps listed under How to Complete your Brock Card Photo Submission at the bottom of this page.
Yes, you will be required to obtain a Brock Card if living in Residence. We work with the Department of Residence to coordinate the facilitation of a Brock Card, for all Residence students arriving in September, to ensure your card is ready upon arrival. Please monitor your Brock email account for communication on this process.
Yes, you will be required to obtain a Brock Card. To begin the online student card photo submission process, please follow the steps listed under How to Complete your Brock Card Photo Submission at the bottom of this page.
I am a student residing off campus, in the St.Catharines/Thorold/Niagara Region needing access to St.Catharines transit, how do I obtain my student card?
New Students: to begin the online student card photo submission process, please follow the steps listed under How to Complete your Brock Card Photo Submission at the bottom of this page.
Returning Students: Please review the response under How do I replace my lost and/or damaged/malfunctioning Brock Card below.
No, it is not necessary to have a Brock Card to begin online classes. Though a card is not necessary for online classes, if you would like to have a Brock Card, please follow the steps listed under How to Complete your Brock Card Photo Submission at the bottom of this page.
Please note: once you have completed your photo submission process, we will communicate next steps as they become available.
If you are a returning student, faculty or staff member that has a photo on your Brock Card account, a replacement card can be obtained by visiting our office during hours of operations. Please note, lost card replacement cards are $35.00.
If you are a returning student, faculty or staff member that has the damaged card in-hand and has a photo on your Brock Card account, a damage reprint request can be completed by visiting our office during our hours of operations.
Please retain your damaged card, as the damaged card will be required in exchange for the replacement card. Please note, damaged card replacement cards are $10.00. Should you not be able to turn in you damaged card, a lost replacement fee will be charged.
Please visit us at our office. Our office is located in the Sean O’Sullivan Theatre Box Office, Room TH211A (Thistle Corridor). Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friendly reminder to bring their government issued photo identification for verification process.
How to Get your Brock Card
How to Complete your Brock Card Photo Submission
Introducing CloudCard, an online student card photo submission platform. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Go to: idphoto.brocku.ca
Step 2: Login Credentials: Username and Password are the same as your my.brocku.ca portal (Campus ID and password). Students requiring a staff card will need to login using their staff username and password. **
Step 3: Photo Submission: Upon login, the first screen you will see is Take or upload your ID photo.
Please ensure the following criteria are met, prior to submitting your photo, as other variations will be deemed unacceptable and a request to resubmit your photo will be sent. Note: the majority of our requirements mirror those of a passport photo submission.** Photo Extension Types: .jpeg; .png;.gif
- Face and shoulders to the camera, with a neutral or smiling facial expression;
- Eyes open, looking at the camera, clearly visible (seeing eyeglasses can be worn
as long as there is no glare or tint on the lenses);
- No sunglasses, hats or non- religious/medical head coverings can be worn;
- All religious and/or medical head coverings must allow for your full face to be visible;
- Photo must be in full colour, clear, sharp, in focus with no shadows, glare or social media filters;
- Photo must be a current representation of self (taken with the last 6 months);
- Should be cropped slightly above head to middle of chest;
- Should be taken against a plain, light background (white or neutral preferred)
Step 4: Enter Legal Name: Prior to submitting your photo, you will be prompted to enter your Full Legal Name, as present on all government issued identification.
Note: Falsification of this process will result in the delay of card distribution and replacement fees will be applied. Upon the successful submission of your photo, a form of validation/verification will be required, at which time you will receive communication via your Brock email.
Step 5: Submit photo
Step 6: Confirmation emails sent to your Brock email
- Logout of your CloudCard account.
- An email notification will be sent to the Brock Card office advising that your account is ready to be reviewed and an email notification will be sent to your Brock email advising that your photo has been submitted and pending approval/further processing.
- Brock Card staff will review your account and a status email will be sent to your Brock email. The status email will provide you with the next steps to completing your Brock Card process. Please note: some email account settings will place emails received from this application into their Junk, Clutter, or Spam Please continue to monitor all folders for a response to your photo submission.
** Troubleshooting Assistance- as a Brock Microsoft account user who has previously signed into their account, you may experience a login error. Should this occur, please complete one or all of the following:
- Ensure you are logged out of your current Brock related Microsoft session.
- Login using another web browser.
- Clear your cached history (please note, by completing this process, you may need to reset your saved passwords).