Becoming a partner
Brock students use their Brock Card (their official university ID) as a debit card to make purchases on campus and at community partners, such as local restaurants, grocery stores and convenience stores that are popular with students. This relationship benefits the community partner by increasing your sales potential and it benefits the students by giving more variety of where they can make secure purchases using their Brock Card.
Why should you consider becoming a Brock Card community partner?
- You can capture increased sales from students who prefer to use their secure Brock Card for payment versus other payment methods;
- All residence meal plans include varying amounts of declining cash balance funds (DCB) that can be spent at community partner locations or on campus;
- Students enjoy the convenience and security of using their Brock Card for payment and want an expanded community partner program to offer a greater variety vendors accepting the Brock Card as payment;
- As a Brock Card community partner, your establishment’s name/logo will be appropriately promoted on our website and promotional material.
How the program works?
- Your establishment would be required to install and maintain a dedicated phone line and Brock Card reader with printer (similar to an Interac machine);
- In exchange for recognition as a Brock Card community partner, the Brock Card reader and printer, and the marketing and promotion done by Brock on your behalf, you pay a monthly fee, and a percentage of your Brock Card sales back to the University.
- The monthly fee and percentage would be deducted from the Brock Card sales, which are paid within the time frame established by you and Brock.
Your next steps
To learn more about the Brock Card program and whether being a community partner is right for you, please contact:
Brock Card Office
905 688 5550 x6601