NOMINATION DEADLINE: May 17, 2019
Date for Experts Tasting: June 18, 2019
WHAT better way to recognize the hard-working individuals who promote, in an exemplary manner, VQA wines in Ontario? This is your opportunity.
WHO can nominate? YOU can.
WHO qualifies to receive a nomination? Categories include:
- MEDIA: your candidate may be any member of the media (TV, radio, print) who see to understand and share their knowledge of Ontario VQA wines.
- LCBO: employee who goes above and beyond in their passion to educate consumers on Ontario VQA wine.
- EDUCATION: Teachers, in formal or informal settings, who educate and inspire students about Ontario VQA wines.
- HOSPITALITY: includes sommeliers, restaurateurs, wait staff or chefs who present Ontario VQA wines with knowledge and enthusiasm to the dining public.
- RETAIL: an individual who works at a winery (cannot be a winery principal) who promotes VQA not only for their own winery’s benefit but for the greater good of the entire Ontario VQA wine industry. Could be a retail front-liner, marketing staff or a sales representative. Could also be someone who promotes VQA in the wine “neighbourhood” through help organizing events (Some examples: Somewhereness, Regional wine marketing organizations, or wine conferences.)
- PROMOTER-AT-LARGE: Someone whose efforts to promote Ontario VQA don’t fit into any other category.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: A substantial body of work over time that has resulted in the growth in the appreciation of Ontario VQA wines.
- NON-ONTARIO VQA PROMOTER: Someone who is active outside Ontario in promoting Ontario VQA wines.
HOW do I submit? Using this form you can submit as many nominations as you like.
NOMINATED IN THE PAST? If you’d like to re-submit please simply email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAST RECIPIENTS may be eligible to win in a different category. For example, a past winner in the LCBO category may now be considered for Lifetime Achievement. To be eligible a minimum of 3 years must have passed between the Nominees first win and subsequent nomination in another category.
INFORMATION REQUIRED: Submit all the reasons why you are nominating this individual. Submit as much information as possible (e.g. resume, supporting articles, sales results, individual testimonials of students influenced, customers satisfaction, etc.). Your candidate’s success depends on the information you give. Please be aware we will be contacting your nominee to confirm that we have received your nomination and encourage them to provide their supporting information. In the meantime, explain why you are nominating this individual — please submit as much information as possible — your nomination will be based on the information YOU give as well as the information the nominee provides! Supporting materials can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Barb Tatarnic (address is below).
*Please note that the committee reserves the right to change the category of the nomination as deemed appropriate or necessary.
Recipients will be announced at the Cuvée Grand Tasting. All recipients will be invited to the Experts Tasting where the awards will be given. We know this takes time out of your day, but wouldn’t it be nice to find a way to say “thank you” to the people who make a difference in promoting the wines of Ontario? If your candidate wins, you will receive a chance to attend the Experts Tasting. (Nominators will be invited to attend the tasting. However, if there is more than one nominator for a successful candidate the names will be placed in a draw. Only one nominator may attend for each successful candidate).
Selection is done by a five-member panel of industry professionals which is Chaired by the Manager of Outreach at CCOVI. Winner(s) will be notified in advance of the presentation held at the annual Experts Tasting held at Brock University.
Nominations are held in confidence with:
Barb Tatarnic, Chair, VQA Promoters Committee
Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute
Brock University, 1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way, St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1
The Candidates package might include some or all of the following items:
- A maximum of two paragraphs explaining why you deserve this award
- Your curriculum vitae
- Testimonials or reviews related to your support of VQA
- VQA related support materials (ie. wine lists, cookbooks, menus, articles written, etc.)
Supporting items can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Barb Tatarnic (address above).