CCOVI’s Analytical Services is now open to our clients. Our hours will be more limited, but we hope to do your essential tests.
To keep everybody safe, service procedures will be slightly different for accepting samples:
Download and fill out the Sample Submission form here (or at the bottom of this page)
Email the form to email@example.com as a PDF, scan, or picture of the filled form. (No paper forms please!)
Once we receive the order, we will schedule sample drop-off for the next day.
Package your samples in a closed box or bag with the company name on the outside.
Bring your samples to Inniskillin Hall at the scheduled drop-off time. We will set up a table outside of the entry doors, since all of the doors are locked. Leave your samples on the table and we will retrieve them shortly.
- Sample drop-offs will be scheduled so that customers can avoid contact with each other. We will be setting up appointments between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Make sure there is no headspace in your sample bottles so they can be stored overnight, if needed.
Thanks and talk to you soon!
– Lisa and Shufen
CCOVI Analytical Services lab is a full-service facility that offers competitive pricing packages for a wide range of standard analytical services to the grape and wine, cider, beer, and distillery industries, including but not limited to:
- Juice, wine, and alcoholic beverage analysis for Brix, pH, TA, VA, residual sugar, alcohol, free and total SO2, malic acid, yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN), protein stability, cold stability, ethyl acetate, methanol, methoxypyrazines, Brettanomyces markers, potassium, copper, and sodium, as well as microbial examination.
We now offer these services:
- Cork moisture content measurement – $10 per sample
- Yeast identification in wine – $200 per sample (3 species)
Every sample is tested in duplicate using validated methods. We provide swift turnaround service on all analyses, which is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please see our full services list below, as well as instructions for submitting samples.
Please contact us to discuss any requests for contract projects or special analyses.
The Analytical Services lab is located in Inniskillin Hall, room 215, at Brock University (1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way).
Navigate to Brock University’s northeast entrance, off Glenridge Avenue across from John Macdonell Street. Turn west into campus. There will be a small traffic circle. Take the second exit from the traffic circle, which is marked with a short blue sign indicating “Shipping/Receiving”. Drive forward toward the buildings. Inniskillin Hall is to the right, with purple-red accents on the windows.
There are two “Reserved CCOVI” parking spots in front of the building available for quick parking. Put on your four-way flashing lights and follow the sidewalk to the entrance at the right. Once in the lobby, turn left and follow the hallway to a set of purple double doors. Turn right and IH215 Analytical Services is the first door on the right.
*There are extra forms and further instructions outside of the lab if the door is closed.