CCOVI Analytical Services lab is a full-service facility that offers competitive pricing packages for a wide range of standard analytical services to the grape and wine, cider, beer, and distillery industries, including but not limited to:
- Juice, wine, and alcoholic beverage analysis for Brix, pH, TA, VA, residual sugar, alcohol, free and total SO2, malic acid, yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN), protein stability, cold stability, ethyl acetate, methanol, methoxypyrazines, Brettanomyces markers, potassium, copper, and sodium, as well as microbial examination.
- We now offer these new services:
- Cork moisture content measurement – $10 per sample
- Yeast/Bacterial identification in juice/wine – $200 per sample (3 species)
- Every sample is tested in duplicate using validated methods. We provide swift turnaround service on all analyses, which is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please see our full services list below, as well as instructions for submitting samples.
Please contact us to discuss any requests for contract projects or special analyses.
The Analytical Services lab is located in Inniskillin Hall, room 215, at Brock University (1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way).
Navigate to Brock University’s northeast entrance, off Glenridge Avenue across from John Macdonell Street. Turn west into campus. There will be a small traffic circle. Take the second exit from the traffic circle, which is marked with a short brown sign indicating “Shipping/Receiving”. Drive forward toward the buildings. Inniskillin Hall is to the right, with purple-red accents on the windows.
There are two “Reserved CCOVI” parking spots in front of the building available for quick parking. Put on your four-way flashing lights and follow the sidewalk to the entrance at the right. Once in the lobby, turn left and follow the hallway to a set of purple double doors. Turn right and IH215 Analytical Services is the first door on the right.
*There are extra forms and further instructions outside of the lab if the door is closed.