CCOVI’s Analytical Services is still open for our clients.
To keep everybody safe, service procedures will be slightly different for accepting samples:
Download and fill out the Sample Submission form here (or at the bottom of this page).
Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF, scan, or picture of the filled form. (No paper forms please!)
Once we receive the form, we will schedule sample drop-off via email.
Package your samples in a box or bag with the company name on the outside.
Bring your samples to Inniskillin Hall at the scheduled drop-off time. We have set up a cabinet outside of the entry doors, since all of the doors are locked. Leave your samples in the cabinet and we will retrieve them shortly.
- Sample drop-offs will be scheduled so that customers can avoid contact with each other. We will be setting up appointments between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Make sure there is no headspace in your sample bottles so they can be stored overnight, if needed.
CCOVI Analytical Services lab is a full-service facility that offers competitive pricing packages for a wide range of standard analytical services to the grape and wine, cider, beer, and distillery industries, including but not limited to:
- Juice, wine, and alcoholic beverage analysis for Brix, pH, TA, VA, residual sugar, alcohol, free and total SO2, malic acid, yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN), protein stability, cold stability, ethyl acetate, methanol, methoxypyrazines, Brettanomyces markers, potassium, copper, and sodium, as well as microbial examination.
We now offer these services:
- Cork moisture content measurement – $10 per sample
- Yeast identification in wine – $200 per sample (3 species)
Every sample is tested in duplicate using validated methods. We provide swift turnaround service on all analyses, which is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please see our full services list below, as well as instructions for submitting samples.
Please contact us to discuss any requests for contract projects or special analyses.
The Analytical Services lab is located in Inniskillin Hall, room 215, at Brock University (1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way).
Navigate to Brock University’s northeast entrance, off Glenridge Avenue across from John Macdonell Street. Turn west into campus. There will be a small traffic circle. Take the second exit from the traffic circle, along the blue construction fencing. Drive forward toward the buildings. Inniskillin Hall is to the right, with purple-red accents on the windows.
There is one “Reserved CCOVI” parking spot in front of the building available for quick parking. Put on your four-way flashing lights, then walk toward the Shipping & Receiving dock. Turn right into the fire lane between the buildings. Ahead, there will be a tent covering a filing cabinet where your samples can be left for Analytical Services.
*There are extra forms and further instructions at the cabinet.