Thank you for your interest in applying to the Co-op Program. Please use this application only if you are a current Brock Student in the first year of your academic study. All students entering the co-op program from secondary school need to apply to co-op through their university application.
- Students with more than 5 university academic credits will not be considered for the program under this application.
- Application review and selection will begin in mid-June.
- Applicants may be called for a personal interview before a final decision can be made.
- Candidates will be assessed based on a number of criteria and a spot is not guaranteed.
- Spaces are limited and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee success.
- Applications will not be considered complete unless the following documents are uploaded
- a completed and signed “Declare/Change Major” form. The form can be found here.
- a copy of your unoffical transcript (unofficial – a print screen is sufficient
- Applicants can also include supporting documentation e.g. ExperienceBU summary, resume, certificates
Accounting students please note: A minimum major average of 85% is required for an application to be considered.
Admission to co-op from Year 1 is competitive and subject to the following conditions:
- You must meet the honour standing of your degree program (typically, 70 per cent in major and 60 per cent in non-major). Meeting these minimums does not guarantee admission. Spaces will be filled by applicants with the highest averages first.
- You must be a full-time student.
- You must be able to legally work in Canada.
- A personal interview may also be required.
Other factors that may influence admission:
- The number of co-op positions that become available as other students withdraw or are removed from the program;
- The number of positions the Co-op Education Office anticipates will be available for students from a particular degree program;
- Assessment of candidate suitability done through an interview process.