The Experiential Education Student of the Year Award recognizes a student’s achievements in all facets of experiential education. Contributions to the organization and/or the institution will be considered, as well evidence of the student’s learning as a result of their experience. Students can be nominated by an experiential learning community partner/supervisor, an Experiential Education staff member, or a faculty member.
Please note that if your experience is a co-op education work-term, see the Co-op Student of Year Award.
Nominees must be enrolled full-time, and have had at least one experiential learning experience other than co-op, within the calendar year.
- Outstanding achievements in experiential learning
- Evidence of impact to the three main stakeholders of experiential education
- Impact on host organization/community partner
- Impact on the student (self)
- Impact on the institution
- Above average academic achievement (80 percent average or higher)
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at school and/or within the community
- Student’s personal essay and resume (all resumes must be reviewed by CareerZone and proof of review must be included in the nomination package)
- Recommendation by an Experiential Education staff member and host organization/community partner (only if applicable)
- Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL) WIL (Other Forms) Student of the Year Award
- Education at Work Ontario (EWO) WIL Student of the Year Award
All applications must meet the guidelines to be considered for this award. Applications are reviewed by a neutral committee that includes the Director of Co-op, Career and Experiential Education, a faculty member, a member of senior administration and an Experiential Education staff member serving as ex-officio. All decisions by the selection committee are final and may not be appealed.
Students are limited to one submission per year and must agree to allow the Experiential Education Office to use their name, profile, and photograph for publication and promotional purposes.