The Experiential Education Students of the Year Awards recognize student achievements in all facets of experiential education.
We are calling Brock University students from various cultures, backgrounds & abilities to consider applying for this award.
Contributions to the broader community, host organization and Brock University will be considered, as well evidence of student growth and development as a result of their experience(s). Students may be nominated by an experiential learning community partner/supervisor, an Experiential Education staff member, or a faculty member at Brock University.
Nominees must be enrolled full-time and have participated in at least one experiential learning opportunity (other than co-op) within the 2022 calendar year.
- Outstanding achievements in experiential learning
- Evidence of impact on the three main stakeholders of experiential learning:
- Host organization or community partner
- Brock University
- Above average academic achievement (80 percent average or higher)
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at school and/or within the community, such as membership in a cultural organization or volunteer work
- Application package
- All resumes must be reviewed by CareerZone, and proof of review must be included in the application package
- Recommendation by an Experiential Education staff member, faculty member, and/or host organization/community partner (only if applicable)
All applications must meet the guidelines to be considered for this award.
Applications are adjudicated by a neutral committee consisting of: the Director of Co-op, Career and Experiential Education, a Brock University faculty member, a member of senior administration, a campus partner, as well as representation from across Co-op, Career and Experiential Education, serving as ex-officio.
Students are limited to one submission per year and must agree to allow Co-op, Career & Experiential Education to use their name, application package, and photograph for publication and promotional purposes.
All decisions by the selection committee are final and may not be appealed.