The Co-op Education Office strives to recognize its students and its employers alike.
Call for nominations!
Brock Co-op Supervisor Recognition Award
Have you had a rewarding co-op work term experience? Did your supervisor play a major role in your job satisfaction? Do you feel that your supervisor was a great mentor and went out of his/her way to provide you with an enriching co-op experience that enhanced your personal growth and development? Would you like to formally thank and recognize your supervisor for his/her effort and contribution towards your professional development?
Here is your opportunity! Submit the completed recognition form for the Brock Outstanding Co-op Supervisor Recognition Award for the Fall 2018 work term.
Please note that students on an extended work term can only nominate their supervisor once.
Nominations will close february 8, 2019.
Nominations will be evaluated based on the supervisor’s role in creating a positive and valuable work term experience. Your submissions will require that you reflect on the following
- Why do you feel your supervisor should be recognized?
- How has your supervisor added to your job satisfaction?
- What have you appreciated the most about your supervisor?
- What are some examples of how your supervisor mentored you and enhanced your job satisfaction?
- What impact has this experience had on you?
The Co-op Education office will contact and thank all supervisors nominated.
Below are the employer recipients for SPRING 2018 work term
- Alessio Gasparotto, Operations Manager, Entomogen Inc. – Recognized by Christian Krupa (GEOG), Julia Toner (HLSC) and Rebecca Thompson (HLSC)
- Allan Grawey, Director, Marketing & Business Development, Tradewood Industries – Recognized by Marcus Hoszko (History)
- Amanda Etherington, Data Officer, DSBN – Recognized by Azia To (BBA)
- Catherine Gordon–Campbell, Supervisor, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks – Recognized by Ling Shao (MBA ISP)
- Charmaine Bamford, Manager, Sales Operation, FedEx Canada – Recognized by Pradeep Kirani (MBA ISP)
- Christopher Irwin, Manager, Strategy, Innovation and Improvement Branch, Ministry of Transportation – Recognized by Shamanth Ramesh (MBA)
- Cindy Chernish, Manager, Residence Facilities & Finance, Brock University – Recognized by Will Durward (HIST)
- Claudia Perencevic, Senior Manager, Treasury Board Secretariat – Recognized by Xueli Qin (MBA ISP)
- Dave Raymond, Manager, Strategic Marketing, Niagara Region – Recognized by Quratulain Shahzad (SSAS)
- Frank Alcamo, Director, PMO and Portfolio Governance, RBC – Recognized by Warren Iwasa (BBA)
- Jodi Janzen, Manager, Big Data and Advanced Analytics, Ministry of Transportation – Recognized by Brad Klassen (STATS) & Mahesh Vaikuntam (MBA ISP)
- Justin Detlor, Manager, Sports Analytics, Canadian Tire Financial Services – Recognized by Mark Terpak (STATS)
- Klari Kalkman, Innovation Coordinator-Facilitator, Ministry of Transportation – Recognized by Shamanth Ramesh (MBA)
- Kyle Chiki, Digital Professional, Duliban Insurance Brokers – Recognized by Yang Chen (MBA ISP)
- Lisa Cefaratti, Director of Finance, IMT Corporation – Recognized by Nicholas Oliva (BBA)
- Margaret Murphy, Associate Director, Budget Planning & Strategy, Niagara Region – Recognized by Ahmed Jawa (BBA)
- Meredith Eduovic, Transitional Housing & Support Worker, Gillian’s Place – West Niagara – Recognized by Tegan Vickers (PSYC)
Recognizing Student Excellence
Co-op Student of the Year Award
The Co-op Student of the Year Award recognizes a co-op student’s excellence in job performance, academic achievement and responsibility. It is awarded based on a student’s particular contributions to their co-op employers, co-operative education and the community at large. Students can be nominated by an employer, a Co-op Education staff member, or a faculty member.
Who is eligible?
Nominees must be full-time students enrolled in the co-operative education program. They must have completed at least two work terms (Graduate students with one work term are encouraged to apply) within the calendar year. Students are encouraged to ask their employers to support their nomination.
Winners are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding work-term achievements;
- Contribution to co-operative education, such as being a volunteer; ambassador for co-op, assisting at co-op events, etc.;
- Student’s personal statement and resumé;
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at school and/or within the community;
- Above average academic achievement (80 per cent average or higher);
- Employer evaluation/recommendation by a co-op employer and Co-op Program Office staff.
- Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL) Co-op Student of the Year Awards
- Education at Work Ontario (EWO) Co-op Student Awards
All applications must meet the guidelines to be considered for this award. Applications are reviewed by a neutral committee that includes the Director of Co-op, Career and Experiential Education, a faculty member, a member of senior administration and a Co-op Education staff member serving as ex-officio. All decisions by the selection committee are final and may not be appealed.
Students are limited to one submission per year and must agree to allow the Co-op Programs Office to use their name, profile, and photograph for publication and promotional purposes.