If applying from high school, applicants must have maintained a minimum 80 per cent academic average during grade 12.
In addition to your academic requirements, your online application including statement of interest, autobiographical sketch and letter of reference will be considered during the application review process.
Applicants should be aware that a significantly higher academic average improves chances of admission. The admissions committee may cancel admission or revoke registration if it finds an applicant has not met this minimum requirement.
- Complete the online application, including the name and email of a reference
- Submit your academic transcript or give us permission on the application to check your transcript electronically.
- Submit a letter of reference (the reference form must be received directly from your reference).
You will be asked on your application to provide information about your current academic standing, an autobiographical sketch and a statement of interest.
You may give the Law Plus admissions committee permission to access your transcript online, which is available through the Brock University Registrar’s Office. If accessing your online transcript is not an option, please contact Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts must be received by the application deadline.
The autobiographical sketch is a list of an applicant’s relevant activities within the following categories:
- Volunteer activities;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Awards and accomplishments;
Applicants are advised to list a maximum of 5 meaningful experiences that they have participated in and that will give the admissions committee insight into who they are. Applicants should include experiences that demonstrate the impact that the experience has had on who they are and how it has contributed to their continued growth and future goals.
Applicants are required to answer each of the following questions in 250 words or less:
- Reflecting on your experiences, describe why you are interested in exploring careers in law. Do you have a current area of interest?
- Based on your participation in Law Plus, what skills do you anticipate enhancing or developing? How will these skills help you succeed in your future career?
- This co-curricular program requires students to commit an average of 2-5 hours per week outside of your academic studies for weekly sessions and volunteer placement commitments. Please describe specific strategies and skills you have developed that will assist you in balancing this commitment.
Please answer each question individually and completely within the perimeters given. Each questions will be read and scored separately.
Applicants must submit the name and email address of a reference. Once your application is submitted, we will email your reference directly and provide them with a form to complete and return to Law Plus before the application deadline.
The form must be completed in confidence by the reference and should not be made available to the applicant. References should have extensive personal knowledge of the applicant and be able to make statements about the applicant’s character, personal qualities, academic capabilities and suitability for the Law Plus program. It is recognized that references may not be able to evaluate all of the characteristics requested; however, applicants should ensure that most subject areas can be covered by their reference. References should not be a member of the applicant’s family.
Level I and II fees are $975 each year.
Level III and IV fees are $600 each year.
Please note: Fees are subject to change without notice