This internship is an unpaid 4-month volunteer position providing hands on experience in the field of Strength & Conditioning in a University and Private Facility setting.
The purpose of the Summer Internship program is to educate participants in all aspects of sports performance coaching. Interns will assist in training Varsity athletes from a wide range of sports, training professional, collegiate, national and provincial level athletes in small groups or in a one on one setting. The desired outcome is to provide the interns with the opportunity to be mentored by Brock’s Lead Performance Coaches to provide them with the tools necessary for future careers.
- Complete Brock Sports Performance internship educational weekly curriculum
- Complete weekly evidence-based readings and assignments
- Assist in conducting team, group or individual training sessions
- Assist in conducting athlete preparation and recovery
- Assist in conducting athlete prehab and rehab
- Assist in conducting team and individual assessment and testing
- Learn how to use: Gym Aware, FreeLap, Smart Speed lasers, Jump mats, Team Buildr
- Assist in conducting Movement (SAQ), Plyometric Training Sessions
- Assist in conducting Strength / Power, Energy System Development Sessions
- Assist in Performance Centre Coaching
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Enrolled in or is a graduate of a University/College in Kinesiology/Fitness Program
- Strong passion for training and motivated leader with strong coaching skills
- Minimum 1-2 yrs experience in training & conditioning athletes
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR prior to beginning their placement
- Ability to complete flexible hours including weekend (expect 20-40 hrs/week)
It is our educational curriculum combined with the mentorship of our head coaches that provides a diverse opportunity for future strength & conditioning coaches to be prepared for employment. The 4 month internship will include Staff Training from April 27-30th, 2022 and run from May 3rd to Aug 20th, 2022. If you are interested please email Steve Lidstone by Friday March 25th, 2022.
- Cover Letter, Resume and 1 Letter of Recommendation
- 250 words or less describing your career goals and how this will help you accomplish them
Please note you will be responsible for providing your own housing, transportation / parking, food. You will only be contacted for an interview if your application meets the minimum requirements. Interviews will be conducted via Skype for all successful applicants.