The Student Performance Coach position is an unpaid 8-month volunteer position providing hands on experience in the field of Strength & Conditioning in a University and Private Facility setting.
The purpose of the Student Performance Coach program is to educate participants in all aspects of sports performance coaching. Coaches will assist in training Varsity athletes from a wide range of sports, training professional, collegiate, national and provincial level athletes in small groups or in a one on one setting. Interns will also have the opportunity to apply to work with our local community teams and programs. The desired outcome is to provide our coaches with the opportunity to be mentored by Brock’s Lead Performance Coaches to provide them with the tools necessary for future careers.
- Complete Brock Sports Performance internship educational monthly curriculum
- Assist in conducting team, group or individual training sessions
- Assist in conducting athlete preparation and recovery
- Assist in conducting athlete prehab and rehab
- Assist in conducting team and individual assessment and testing
- Learn how to use: Gym Aware, FreeLap, Smart Speed lasers, Jump mats, Team Buildr
- Assist in conducting Movement (SAQ), Plyometric Training Sessions
- Assist in conducting Strength / Power, Energy System Development Sessions
- Assist in Performance Centre Coaching
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree in Kinesiology or a related field
- Strong passion for training and motivated leader with strong coaching skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR prior to beginning the internship
It is our educational curriculum combined with the mentorship of our Lead Performance Coaches that provides a diverse opportunity for future performance coaches to be prepared for employment. The 8 month internship will include Staff Training from April 27-30th, 2022. Applications are due February 18th, 2022 at 12:00pm. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank You!